New Odds to Win National Championship (Gophers tied #32) and Big Ten (Gophers #6)

SHGopher

Reaction score
Odds to win national championship:

National Championship​

Odds to win Big Ten:

Big Ten Championship​

Illinois is a wider gap lower than Minnesota. Shouldn't Northwestern be last?

Odds current as-of Sept 5 evening.

Give me Alabama,Michigan and OSU vs the field.

Odds to win national championship:

National Championship​

Odds to win Big Ten:

Big Ten Championship​

Illinois is a wider gap lower than Minnesota. Shouldn't Northwestern be last?

Odds current as-of Sept 5 evening.

I was surprised to see some of the Big 10 odds as well. But obviously whatever algorithm is used to come up with this list is factoring in the schedule. Rutgers has to still play all the East teams, including Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, and the West opponents left on their schedule are Wisconsin and Iowa. Those opponents are listed as having the 5 best odds to win the Big 10. Northwestern does have to play PSU and MD from the East and of course all the Big 10 West teams, but that is a much easier schedule than Northwestern faces.

I was surprised to see some of the Big 10 odds as well. But obviously whatever algorithm is used to come up with this list is factoring in the schedule. Rutgers has to still play all the East teams, including Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, and the West opponents left on their schedule are Wisconsin and Iowa. Those opponents are listed as having the 5 best odds to win the Big 10. Northwestern does have to play PSU and MD from the East and of course all the Big 10 West teams, but that is a much easier schedule than Northwestern faces.
In addition to having to play against all od those eastern teams, Rutgers would also need to finish above them in the standings. So in addition to facing a tougher schedule, they also will likely need to finish with a better record to win their division than any of the western teams do.

Top Bottom