New Las Vegas Multi-Team Event paying $1 million per to participate

SelectionSunday

Reaction score

Seven schools already have committed to this 8-team event:

Alabama, Houston, Notre Dame, Oregon, Rutgers, San Diego State, Texas A&M

The format is still TBD, as there are multiple teams from both the Big Ten and SEC. Several of these backed out of prior commitments to notable MTEs, so I'm thinking this is a great opportunity for the Gophers to slide into one of the noteworthy 4 or 8-team bracketed tournaments. There are no excuses for not getting into a MTE that has other schools from Power 5 conferences.

Last edited:

Seven schools already have committed to this 8-team event:

Alabama, Houston, Notre Dame, Oregon, Rutgers, San Diego State, Texas A&M

The format is still TBD, as there are multiple teams from both the Big Ten and SEC. Several of these backed out of prior commitments to notable MTEs, so I'm thinking this is a great opportunity for the Gophers to slide into one of the noteworthy 4 or 8-team bracketed tournaments. There are no excuses for not getting into a MTE that has other schools from Power 5 programs.

This is good in theory, but while these schools have backed out to play in this "Players Eras Festival" against other P5 programs, we back out of ours to play Ball State and Alcorn State.

Creighton has been announced as the 8th team.

Bluejays dropping out of the prestigious Battle 4 Atlantis, 1 of the 2 best (also Maui Invitaional) MTEs.

Wow. 😮

Last edited:

Creighton has been announced as the 8th team.

Bluejays dropping out of the prestigious Battle 4 Atlantis, 1 of the 2 best (also Maui Invitaional) MTEs.

Wow. 😮
Why stay in a prestigious tournament when you can develop your sleaze contacts instead?

The biggest deal is that they appear to be positioning this to invite the same teams over and over some how. The money will end up at the same schools if that’s the case, and then you might as well just become your own league. Draft the kids out of high school or from wherever. The rest of you can figure out some other way.

Do you enjoy talking to yourself?
This is the 4th time I've been really super disgusted about Gopher basketball.

1) When we destroyed Haskins & our Final Four team.
2) When we sabotaged Tubby's NCAA team that was set to return its top 9 players and add White & Mbakwe.
3) When we sabotaged Pitino's best team (Top-15) by booting-out our only big-man, returning B1G DPOY (and good scorer) Lynch.
4) Now. When our valuable team with all 5 starters returning is dismantled and replaced with scrubs.

It's very weird how hardly anyone cared or cares about any of this. But they whine & complain incessantly about the games when we lose.

This is the 4th time I've been really super disgusted about Gopher basketball.

1) When we destroyed Haskins & our Final Four team.
2) When we sabotaged Tubby's NCAA team that was set to return its top 9 players and add White & Mbakwe.
3) When we sabotaged Pitino's best team (Top-15) by booting-out our only big-man, returning B1G DPOY (and good scorer) Lynch.
4) Now. When our valuable team with all 5 starters returning is dismantled and replaced with scrubs.

It's very weird how hardly anyone cared or cares about any of this. But they whine & complain incessantly about the games when we lose.
I have to give you credit. You’ve set this up beautifully for the 2024-25 season.

If the Gophers suck (you keep calling all the new guys “scrubs”), it won’t have anything to do with Ben’s coaching. It’ll all be the players’ fault.

But if the Gophers do better than a lot of us expect, then you’ll be on here trumpeting Ben’s great coaching acumen. It won’t have anything to do with the players.

This is the squad Ben put together, for better or worse, and the same applies for every other coach in the Big Ten.

Just think if we played we could pay all of our expenses then give the rest to Dinkytown for players NIL.

I have to give you credit. You’ve set this up beautifully for the 2024-25 season.

If the Gophers suck (you keep calling all the new guys “scrubs”), it won’t have anything to do with Ben’s coaching. It’ll all be the players’ fault.

But if the Gophers do better than a lot of us expect, then you’ll be on here trumpeting Ben’s great coaching acumen. It won’t have anything to do with the players.

This is the squad Ben put together, for better or worse, and the same applies for every other coach in the Big Ten.
I couldn't care less about the 2024-2025 season. I don't care who the coach is. I won't be watching a single game.

If you guys want to sit here and talk about coaching...that's your problem.

I couldn't care less about the 2024-2025 season. I don't care who the coach is. I won't be watching a single game.

If you guys want to sit here and talk about coaching...that's your problem.
Sure you won’t. 😉

You can’t help yourself. You’ll have plenty to say about the Gophers next season, good or bad.

Are the Gophers playing in a preseason tournament or going with Missouri and 10 cupcakes again?

Are the Gophers playing in a preseason tournament or going with Missouri and 10 cupcakes again?
As of yet, no word on a tournament.

There should be at least several openings with the creation of the NIL Tournament that has stolen teams from the other bracketed tournaments.

Top Bottom