New Intro Song for the Gophs?

buddylee853

A Hopeless Optimist
Reaction score
I know Iowa has a pretty cool one with AC/DC's "Back in Black" before the players hit the field; how pumped up would you get if we had something upbeat we could play all year before every game? Please don't get upset with me because of being unoriginal, Vikings fans, but can I do the Minnesota-thing football-wise and suggest Led Zeppelin's Immigrant song? I've been to a good number of Vikes games along with Gopher ones, and I always get VERY pumped up every time I hear that song in the dome before the Vikings play.

What would you think?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tCvMKcNJCAY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tCvMKcNJCAY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I don't want any canned music. I want the band. Perhaps the U could have a contest with students composing a new intro song for the band to play? We haven't added a new song in ages.

The song's great - I just can't get past the really crappy concert they put on in 1976. It sucked.

Thumbs down from me as well.

I wouldn't want to copy anything the Vikings do. We did that Brewster's first year, running out of an inflatable igloo, and it was laughable.

What we had last year was pretty cool, I would be all for something similar.

I wouldn't want to copy anything the Vikings do. We did that Brewster's first year, running out of an inflatable igloo, and it was laughable.

I didn't hate the igloo, but that was mostly b/c I like his emphasis on making it about MN. Everything in that hellhole was fake, at least Brew tried something new and made it about the Gopher's being the State of Minnesota's team. Had they brought it to TCF, then I'd have been pissed.

I don't want any canned music. I want the band. Perhaps the U could have a contest with students composing a new intro song for the band to play? We haven't added a new song in ages.

I want the band, too. It would just be cool, in my mind, to have something like that right before the players come out of the tunnel and then have the band play as they're coming out and after.

Yeah, the inflatable igloo sucked..

Ok then, something unoriginal: playing part of a pump-up song before the second half? (without replacing any band playing time)

there was a little diddy that went "go minnesota! fight minnesota! win minnesota! rah-rah-ski-u-mah" fairly recent. never used.

I'll get savaged for this by the band geek purists, and it has been said a thousand times before, but the band needs to be mic'ed up a bit.

I'm sure the band is great, but it just doesn't sound that good in the stadium. Maybe, as others have suggested, if they were miked up it would sound better. But, if there are no changes to the band's volume, I say we get the crowd and players pumped up with some canned music

I liked the intro last year...dramatic music with the legends/history of Gopher football intro video. Got me excited and pumped up everytime!

I have a question for people who sit in the few rows by the west endzone. Can you guys hear the band? I guess I didn't get why they decided to point the band straight out the open end where 200 people sit. With all the brass, it's a very directional sound and it never made sense as to why you'd put them where they are.

Liked the intro from last year but I agree, we need some pump the guys up stuff. Obviously love the band but lets turn it up and blast some zeppelin or AC?DC. I too attended a terrible Zepplin concert in L.A I think 75 or 76.

let the team pick! they should have the music they want not some 70's & 80's music thst none of these guys even listen to. god i hate 70's and 80's rock music! i like the gophers intro lets leave it alone

Go Minnesota, fight Minnesota ....

there was a little diddy that went "go minnesota! fight minnesota! win minnesota! rah-rah-ski-u-mah" fairly recent. never used.

This was great. A winner of a contest for best "little diddy" or something like that two or three years ago. Can't figure out why it was never used.

Maroon 5

Besides the name of the band, they have great lyrics like:

"When it gets cold outside and you got nobody to love
You'll understand what I mean when I say
There's no way we're gonna give up"

I am in the same camp with the rest who prefer to stick with what they did last year.

Doesn't matter to me. Combine my 1.25 mile walk from C89 with my Coors Light Time Management Skills and I only made it to my seat once prior to kickoff last season.

This was great. A winner of a contest for best "little diddy" or something like that two or three years ago. Can't figure out why it was never used.

yes, i thought it was very catchy & would've worked perfect as a first down tune or a big play tune. i believe it was composed for the sesquicentennial

Team has new intro music....checkout the intro on play4brew.com

Right after Brew does his intro, the song comes in. They played it at the spring game.

yes, i thought it was very catchy & would've worked perfect as a first down tune or a big play tune. i believe it was composed for the sesquicentennial

I also believe it was copied from an ACC or SEC school by the guy who won the contest. It's called "Go Minnesota" and Skeeter can probably explain more why it's dead and buried.

It wasn't used because it totally sucked and it was almost a note for note rip off of another school's cheer (I want to say Florida?)

Team has new intro music....checkout the intro on play4brew.com

Right after Brew does his intro, the song comes in. They played it at the spring game.

That's St. Paul Slim's "My Squad". They played it before every home game last year.

Top Bottom