New In-State Offer

Goatboy

Reaction score
Per Scout:

Devin Crawford-Tufts, a 6-foot-2, 180-pound wide receiver from Edina (MN) High, recently received a Minnesota offer. Crawford-Tufts shined at the Minnesota 7-on-7 passing tournament.

Has anyone seen this kid play? Any insight? Is this his only offer?

Per Scout:

Devin Crawford-Tufts, a 6-foot-2, 180-pound wide receiver from Edina (MN) High, recently received a Minnesota offer. Crawford-Tufts shined at the Minnesota 7-on-7 passing tournament.

Has anyone seen this kid play? Any insight? Is this his only offer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fUFEd00G4o

I understand he won the state 100 meters and ran a 10.5 in qualifying (state recored is 10.45).

Looks like he has good speed and size. Always love to get good local kids!

I like what I see in his video. He obviously has the speed and some "shake" as well. I think hee would be a good addition. It looks like there could be multiple BCS receivers in this years in-state class with Harrington and Jackson as well.

I taught him in 8th grade at Minnehaha Academy. His ESPN grade is only 40

I'm not saying this kid isn't fast, but I swear I saw a couple of defensive players in the video pulling plows.

I'm not saying this kid isn't fast, but I swear I saw a couple of defensive players in the video pulling plows.

Might be a useful comment if he hadn't already ran a 10.5 100. Speed is not in question.

10.5 in the hundred is good to excellent speed it's not elite speed. Until we are an elite program we aren't going to attract the elite athletes. We are slowly accumulating enough good to excellent players to become a consistently good team, until we get there, we need all the athletes we can get.

Florida has a running back who ran a 10.1 100 meter, speed is relative.

This kid is probably going to end up the fastest in Minnesota history, he's very impressive speedwise.

Florida has a running back who ran a 10.1 100 meter, speed is relative.

This kid is the state champion sprinter in MN, not some outstate kid who doesn't run track and who is going up against inferior competition. He's very fast. It doesn't matter how he looks on video, we have documentation for how fast he is. He's very fast. Debating whether he's slow or not is idiotic, and it doesn't matter if there are faster kids.

Unless he is wearing football pads and a helmet while winning the state 100m it doesnt really matter. Track speed doesnt always translate to the football field.

I'm not saying he isnt fast, I'm just saying track numbers can be deceiving when looked at in terms of football attributes.

Unless he is wearing football pads and a helmet while winning the state 100m it doesnt really matter. Track speed doesnt always translate to the football field.

I'm not saying he isnt fast, I'm just saying track numbers can be deceiving when looked at in terms of football attributes.

No, speed is speed. Some guys can't run full speed and look back for the ball, and some guys don't cut as well, but straight ahead speed is the same. Jeses you guys are stubborn. The kid is fast, case closed. Maybe not a good football player at all, but let's find something else to debate about him.

No, speed is speed. Some guys can't run full speed and look back for the ball, and some guys don't cut as well, but straight ahead speed is the same. Jeses you guys are stubborn. The kid is fast, case closed. Maybe not a good football player at all, but let's find something else to debate about him.

Watch his film, once he gets going he isn't caught, his acceleration isn't unreal like some guys, but he's got the top end speed. He beat the field of the State 100 by several meters. Like I said, he very well may be the fastest kid in MN history by next year's state meet.

If speed is speed tell me one time during a 100m that he had to avoid 11 opponents trying to knock his head off. Straight line speed is good in football but its not the end all be all.

You can look at his track numbers and call him the next great football player for the gophers, however, I would prefer to look at his football stats before I made that statement.

Track speed sure helped Troy Williamson didnt it

Note: I am not by any means discounting this kid's skill, I just believe its an error to become enamored with this kid because he can run a 100m really fast.

If speed is speed tell me one time during a 100m that he had to avoid 11 opponents trying to knock his head off. Straight line speed is good in football but its not the end all be all.

You can look at his track numbers and call him the next great football player for the gophers, however, I would prefer to look at his football stats before I made that statement.

Note: I am not by any means discounting this kid's skill, I just believe its an error to become enamored with this kid because he can run a 100m really fast.

Serious question, can you read?
Things I didn't say:
That straight line speed is all that matters in football.
That he would be the next great football player for the gophers.
That track speed makes for great players or that Troy Williamson was a great football player.
That I am enamored with this kid.

I said he was fast. That's it. It's not in question.

Is this the same kid who played some S-CB at the recent Michigan St camp and was called ¨The best player on the field¨, including former commit James Farrow?

Serious question, can you read?
Things I didn't say:
That straight line speed is all that matters in football.
That he would be the next great football player for the gophers.
That track speed makes for great players or that Troy Williamson was a great football player.
That I am enamored with this kid.

I said he was fast. That's it. It's not in question.

Speed may not be everything, but the big mistake that some people make is to assume that if something is not everything, it is nothing.

Is this the same kid who played some S-CB at the recent Michigan St camp and was called ¨The best player on the field¨, including former commit James Farrow?

No, you are thinking of Grayson Levine of EP (who appears enamored with the wide open spaces of Madison, WI).

Troy did have a good college career. Check out his college highlights. I would like a receiver like him at MN.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/84ITtk8J81I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/84ITtk8J81I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I was going to comment on Twilly's college career too, which was decently impactful and impressive with virtually no ball adjustment skill or hands to speak of. BTW I really hope this kid commits, he seems to me like a kid that could really be good when he gets some polish.

100m times are almost completely worthless for measuring football speed.

Track training is not worthless for football training though. Working on getting out of the blocks helps with explosion off the line. Throwing the shot put helps with explosion for blocking. There are a lot of ways to cross-train track to football.

100m times are almost completely worthless for measuring football speed.

Football speed is a complete cliche that is much more meaningless than 100m times. Name a fast sprinter who was slow in football.

Top Bottom