New Gopherholer

Weaselyone

Reaction score
Wanted to stop by and introduce myself to everyone here. I have been a Gopher fan for pretty much my entire life, although I didn't really start following the Basketball team until the mid-90's and football until the 2000's. I now live in Nebraska, one of the few Gopher fans in the entire state. Anyways, I have been following the posts on GH off and on for the last 10 years and finally decided to register. This is my rookie season, please be kind.

Wanted to stop by and introduce myself to everyone here. I have been a Gopher fan for pretty much my entire life, although I didn't really start following the Basketball team until the mid-90's and football until the 2000's. I now live in Nebraska, one of the few Gopher fans in the entire state. Anyways, I have been following the posts on GH off and on for the last 10 years and finally decided to register. This is my rookie season, please be kind.

Welcome aboard me boy

Welcome to GH.

First of all, I am the Commissioner of the Predict the Score (for Gopher FB and BB Games) and Pick Per Day Threads (for all College FB and BB games). You are welcome to participate in them.

Second, I am also the Head Referee of all Pissing Contests, and am always looking for new referees. Let me know if you are interested. I had retired from this position at one time, but things got out of control. As a result, I came out of retirement like Bud Grant did after the Les Steckel debacle.

Dr.Don

c_nomoreminnesotanice.jpg

If you can survive in a sea of red, you will do fine here.

Welcome to GH.

First of all, I am the Commissioner of the Predict the Score (for Gopher FB and BB Games) and Pick Per Day Threads (for all College FB and BB games). You are welcome to participate in them.

Second, I am also the Head Referee of all Pissing Contests, and am always looking for new referees. Let me know if you are interested. I had retired from this position at one time, but things got out of control. As a result, I came out of retirement like Bud Grant did after the Les Steckel debacle.

Dr.Don

haha I loved that.

I just joined Gopher Hole finally this summer. Read these threads for months and decided it was time I put my two cents in once in a while.

Welcome to GH.

Dr.Don

Psst.....Weaselyone....best thing you can do with comments like the one above is just smile and nod....smile and nod.

Psst.....Weaselyone....best thing you can do with comments like the one above is just smile and nod....smile and nod.

Or you can just ignore Doc Don. He actually starts most pissing contests when he's drunk....and that's most of the time.

Welcome! Looking forward to your posts.

Go Gophers!!

Or you can just ignore Doc Don. He actually starts most pissing contests when he's drunk....and that's most of the time.

And if you don't believe Parski0, just read my signature at the bottom of this comment. ;)

Welcome to GH.

Dr.Don

And............no matter how hard I have tried, I begrudgingly give him the title of Head Drunk! {:>)

Welcome Weaselyone - hope you enjoy your upgraded 'observer only' time here by actively discussing topics. Are you primarily a football fan, or do you enjoy Gopher hoops and hockey, or other sports as well? Any pro teams?

I feel for you, living in Nebraska with all that Red. I live in Wisconsin, so at least the eye-burning red is broken up by many wearing vomit-inducing green and gold. Nice to have a change of pace, you know?

Welcome Weaselyone - hope you enjoy your upgraded 'observer only' time here by actively discussing topics. Are you primarily a football fan, or do you enjoy Gopher hoops and hockey, or other sports as well? Any pro teams?

I feel for you, living in Nebraska with all that Red. I live in Wisconsin, so at least the eye-burning red is broken up by many wearing vomit-inducing green and gold. Nice to have a change of pace, you know?

I am primarily a football fan. Haven't been able to follow the Basketball team much since moving to Nebraska. I was a huge fan of Sam Jacobson and followed the team closely those couple of years. I quit watching the team for awhile after Pryzbilla and Rickert soured me. Now with Nebraska in the B1G it will be easier to get back into hoops. I used to watch a few hockey games on tv during college, it was something fun to drink beer and do on Friday and Saturday nights. Now, living in NE I don't have FSN North any more and rarely get Gopher hockey games or Twins games.

So in summary, I am in favor of all things Gopher. Football is easier for me to follow, especially in a college football state like NE. Love the Twins as well. For some reason have never liked the Vikings and have historically despised the Timberwolves. I gave up on the NHL after the Stars moved south and have entirely written off the league now due to the labor disputes.

Thanks everyone else for the warm welcomes. Now any suggestions on a photo for my profile? More specifically, is there anything I should avoid for fear of ridicule?

Thanks everyone else for the warm welcomes. Now any suggestions on a photo for my profile? More specifically, is there anything I should avoid for fear of ridicule?

It is always good to avoid using a picture of Dr.Don or a facsimile. The ridicule could be brutal, especially from station19.

Welcome from an Omaha-area Gopher fan who lives part of the year in yet another red state. You've had to suffer the Huskers all these years, with the memory of 84-13 burning somewhere back in your brain. Now the Huskers are on our schedule every year - but thanks for keeping the faith!

Top Bottom