New Commit?

Realism implies a level of objectivity. Gopherrealism62, you have none but would like us to believe otherwise. The con man you seek is staring at you every morning in the bathroom mirror.

Realism implies a level of objectivity. Gopherrealism62, you have none but would like us to believe otherwise. The con man you seek is staring at you every morning in the bathroom mirror.

The opinion of apologists like you do not bother me in the least.

I could have sworn this thread was gonna be about a new Golden Gopher, guess I came to the wrong place.

How many 4 star recruits has brewster signed that where neither JUCOs or instate kids who would go to MN if Les Steckel were the coach? I can think of one, but he "has trouble remembering plays."

MarQueis Gray, Brandon Green, Keanon Cooper, and Michael Carter all fit your criteria.

I have no idea whether Maresh, Garin, Gjere or Edwards (once the last two can sign next week) would have committed to Les Steckel but not all of them were guaranteed to commit to the hometown school regardless of coach.

...and they are all freshman and sophomores Einstein, name me a team that won 10 games relying primarily on freshman and sophomores?

The Michigan Fab Five basketball team. Doh.

MarQueis Gray, Brandon Green, Keanon Cooper, and Michael Carter all fit your criteria.

I have no idea whether Maresh, Garin, Gjere or Edwards (once the last two can sign next week) would have committed to Les Steckel but not all of them were guaranteed to commit to the hometown school regardless of coach.

Actually, according to Scout.com, both Carter and Cooper were 3-stars.

So Brewster gets more four stars than Mason and now that works against him because they haven't had much of a chance to get seasoned and experienced? Jesus.

I think a lot of the Minnesota cynics must have little to no patience at all. Sometimes rebuilding a program takes time. This fact seems to be absolutely lost on some of you.

Brewster wasn't brought in to 'rebuild' a team that was 38-25, with 5 bowl appearances, in its previous 5 seasons.;)

So I take it you were happy with Mason? Makes sense.

And yeah, when you bring in a new head coach, rebuilding is inevitable. Face it, Minnesota is not Florida, or USC, or Texas, or any other big time program with the success to where a new head coach can come in and make a near seamless transition into current and future successes.

But hey, since Insight, Sun, and Music City Bowls are apparently good enough for you, why do you trash Brewster at any chance? There seems to be a disconnect in your logic, or maybe it's just a plain lack of it.

Again, nice try.

Brewster wasn't brought in to 'rebuild' a team that was 38-25, with 5 bowl appearances, in its previous 5 seasons.;)

And hey since we are cherry picking years for stats, just to make it interesting, let's look at Mason's first five years at Minnesota after proving to be a completely mediocre coach at Kansas in the 90s, shall we?

1997 - 3-9 overall (1-7 in conf.)
1998 - 5-6 overall (2-6 in conf.)
1999 - 8-4 overall (5-3 in conf.) and a loss in the Sun Bowl
2000 - 6-6 overall (4-4 in conf.) and a loss in the oh so impressive MicronPC.com Bowl
2001 - 4-7 overall (2-6 in conf.)

So yeah, with the exception of 2003 where he went 10-3, much like his 10-2 year in 1995 with Kansas (can you say "anomaly"?), he was incredibly mediocre...and thus... a program with past National Championships and great tradition like Minnesota did need to be rebuilt. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

Actually, according to Scout.com, both Carter and Cooper were 3-stars.

Scout also had Garin as a 4star (3 star on rivals), and Hageman as a 4star (3 on rivals). I know you want to cherry pick the lower rating to serve your opinions, but it wouldn't come off as such obvious flaming if you didn't pick whichever site ranks the recruits the lowest.

I know you are the only person on planet earth (besides the owners of Scout) who preferes Scout to Rivals, and that's fine, but you should be chirping in to correct/site the players who ranked lower AND HIGHER by Scout.

The conference schedule is what counts the most and Mason had an 18 - 22 Big 10 record in his last five years. I'd like to see us never go below 5 -3 in the Big 10, which would be a 25 - 15 record over 5 years. I'm pulling for Brewster to get there because he may be the hardest working football coach we've ever had. I know hard work isn't everything, but it goes a long way towards success.

So Brewster gets more four stars than Mason and now that works against him because they haven't had much of a chance to get seasoned and experienced? Jesus.

I think a lot of the Minnesota cynics must have little to no patience at all. Sometimes rebuilding a program takes time.
Especially after single-handidly destroying it.

There's a few people here that are hell-bent on ruining this message board. It sucks. Must we have smiley faces in every post? Are you five?

Some people might call it differing opinions, I call it flaming. There's a difference between the howeda's and the conferencechamps'. One shouldn't be here.

Like StartGray said, you come into a thread hoping to find some commit info, and you get the same stuff as every other thread. I'm surprised Royce White hasn't been brought into it somehow. Mods need to step it up. Learn from some other boards.

At this point in recruiting and need, I'll take a kid with a offer to attend Air Force.

Boy, I don't even pretend to be a gopher fan but even I am getting sick of the constant Brew bashing and bitching back and forth. Can we just leave it at one brew bash/'realist post' per thread and move on with our lives. For a second we had some decent info coming about the new commit, and then it unraveled quickly.

Boy, I don't even pretend to be a gopher fan but even I am getting sick of the constant Brew bashing and bitching back and forth. Can we just leave it at one brew bash/'realist post' per thread and move on with our lives. For a second we had some decent info coming about the new commit, and then it unraveled quickly.

It's two or three posters who are hijaking every thread with their Brewster hate. Welcome to MN Ben!

just put them all on ignore....then you can just read the relevant posts. Much easier.

Top Bottom