New Commit!

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
Tyrone bouie 3 star cb from Florida. Very talent loaded high school, hopefully an in can get started there. Maybe this is why Robdon got told to wait...

We need corners so this is good news...How about that 4* DT, 4* RB Dontae Williams. and 5* OT Henderson kid from MN to back this up! It is Friday, a guy can dream can't he?

Welcome aboard!!

Scout lists his offers as Memphis, Colorado State, New Mexico, East Carolina, UAB, UCF, Middle Tenn., etc.

Go Gophers!!

With the rumor that RobDonavon Lewis was turned down, and now Bouie's commitment, does this mean that we chose Bouie over R. Lewis, or does it mean that the Lewis rumor was not true?

By the looks of it, R. Lewis, Vereen, and Bouie are all pretty similar in terms of size, speed, and rating, so perhaps it does not matter. This just seems to be an interesting occurrence after R. Lewis was supposedly turned away!

With the rumor that RobDonavon Lewis was turned down, and now Bouie's commitment, does this mean that we chose Bouie over R. Lewis, or does it mean that the Lewis rumor was not true?

By the looks of it, R. Lewis, Vereen, and Bouie are all pretty similar in terms of size, speed, and rating, so perhaps it does not matter. This just seems to be an interesting occurrence after R. Lewis was supposedly turned away!

That's why I asked earlier if we might have rated Bouie higher than Lewis? I assume they must have a rating board for players at each position, wouldn't they?

According to Kent, Bouie is graduating early and enrolling in January. Maybe were taking Bouie over R. Lewis because he's a good student who will have a leg up because they get here early?

Kent's Blog

THANK GOD! A CORNER THAT CAN HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm. Why would they turn down Robdonovan? He's the highest rated Corner the Gophers have a realistic chance of landing. He's rated ahead of Bouie and Vereen. Hopefully, we still get Robdonovan.

ESPN lists him as our 5th best commit, a 77 (also what Josh Allen, Donnell Kirkwood and Doral Willis received).

RobDonovan was rated as a 40, which means he has not been evaluated by ESPN.

It could very well be Brewster had him rated over RobDonovan. The Durham connection may also be in the cards. I have no inside information, but I would LOVE to see what Brewster's board looks like, compared to a commit list from Rivals or ESPN. Even though Stoudermire wasn't very highly rated (2 star), perhaps Brew had him a lot higher up his board. Just food for thought.

I just want to land all of the five star recruits.

I'd rather win every national championship with a team made up entirely of kids from Minnesota (who all stay long enough to graduate). But since that's not going to happen, I'd settle for getting every 5 star recruit.

I was wondering about that too, as well as the point that Saskatchewan made earlier. In any case, it's good to have another DB on board.

Hmmmm. Why would they turn down Robdonovan? He's the highest rated Corner the Gophers have a realistic chance of landing. He's rated ahead of Bouie and Vereen. Hopefully, we still get Robdonovan.

Bouie seems to have all his academic ducks in a row and with him and the juco corner ready to be here for spring semester they will have spring ball to acclimate them to the system, and all summer to try to get some bulk on them, a huge advantage over a kid who is struggling to get right down to the wire ala Hayo. To hell with waiting for NSD to hope for some dashed SV wishes, I sure hope the kid can pull through and get here by MLKday and get settled into school.

Rivals has Robdonovan at 5.7 and Tyrone Bouie at 5.5. Vereen at 5.6.

Hope we still sign Robdonovan.

i trust brew and staff's assessment of a player over rivals.

who was it that said that these guys were just a bunch of retired mailmen;)

From Orlando Sentinel

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-hs-seminole-commitment-111309,0,7340314.story

Seminole defensive back Tyrone Bouie better buy a heavy coat.

Bouie, ranked No. 22 in the Sentinel's Central Florida Top 100 recruits, orally committed to the University of Minnesota. He actually committed two weeks ago, but was keeping his decision a secret until the Seminoles' final home game Nov. 13.

Bouie took an official visit to the Gophers' campus Sept. 12 and unofficial visits to New Mexico and UCF. He also attracted interest from Toledo, West Virginia, Middle Tennessee and Mississippi State.

"The coaching staff was recruiting me hard, and I liked that," said Bouie, who plans to take classes on Minnesota's campus next spring. "A lot of schools were talking to me, but not calling me like the Minnesota coaches."

And as for leaving the Florida sunshine behind?

"It gets cold, but me? I feel like I'm on a mission so you have to do things sometimes you don't want to to be successful," he said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-hs-seminole-commitment-111309,0,7340314.story

Seminole defensive back Tyrone Bouie better buy a heavy coat.

Bouie, ranked No. 22 in the Sentinel's Central Florida Top 100 recruits, orally committed to the University of Minnesota. He actually committed two weeks ago, but was keeping his decision a secret until the Seminoles' final home game Nov. 13.

Bouie took an official visit to the Gophers' campus Sept. 12 and unofficial visits to New Mexico and UCF. He also attracted interest from Toledo, West Virginia, Middle Tennessee and Mississippi State.

"The coaching staff was recruiting me hard, and I liked that," said Bouie, who plans to take classes on Minnesota's campus next spring. "A lot of schools were talking to me, but not calling me like the Minnesota coaches."

And as for leaving the Florida sunshine behind?

"It gets cold, but me? I feel like I'm on a mission so you have to do things sometimes you don't want to to be successful," he said.

That may be why he's here and RDL is not........

Couple... of ... things...

1) He committed 2 weeks ago, which may explain the RobDonavan situation;
2) His academics appear top notch, which may also explain the RobDonavan situation (don't kno RobDonavan's academic situation, just surmising here); and
3) "orally" committed? Really, Orlando?

The fact that he should be here in January is a great bonus to me. And yeah, 2 weeks ago, sounds like he just beat RobDonovan to the punch in that regard. Plus, love the fact that he doesn't appear afraid of contact. That, plus the extra work getting here early, probably will equal great playing time for him pretty early.

RobDon was highly overrated....If you look at other scouting services that ranked Louisiana's class he was ranked more in the 40's in his state rather than the 15 rivals had him pegged at, which was reflected in the ESPN and scout rankings where ESPN didn't even rate him and scout had him ranked very, very low. Happy to get Bouie, and Vereen would be very nice although I don't see any room left for him simply because you can only take so many DB's.... need other depth at other positions.

Yep, I think being able to get him in school this spring is huge. That's such a big advantage over a frosh coming in during the fall.

Top Bottom