New College Championship trophy looks like...

I like it. Simple, classy, you can tell what sport it's for, nobody holding a cob of corn...

I like it better than a crystal football.

It looks like a car dealer got top marks again for its service department (from the organization it paid to rank them).

Listen guys...I helped pick the model. We were all drunk, and a free drunk at that.

It looks generic take the football out of the middle and insert a company logo and it could be a top sales award.

I liked the crystal ball, it was unique. This looks like something you'd get at a trophy shop for your middle school football champion. Agree with the likeness to a beer tap and waffle cone.

I would not say simplicity is better in this instance. If i was a player the possibility of hoisting up that trophy would not give me increased motivation than some other ones would.

does anyone else think it looks like a really shiny, polished vagina?

Actually i don't think this is changing anything. There will still be a crystal football since the coaches poll still exists and the #1 team on the coaches poll at the end of the season gets it. The BCS itself never handed out a trophy.

I don't care what it looks like as long as one ends up in our trophy case!! :D

Well, it's better than the Children of the Corn Trophy, but I don't care much for it. I agree, it looks like those corporate trophies handed out for district salesman of the year. I guess I prefer more old-school trophies. A nice bronze cup... now that I think about it, why DID we ever start handing out cups as trophies in the first place?

I know what it reminds me of: Take the Lombardi Trophy, paint it gold, and flatten the football on top.

But with all that said, I'd be quite happy if we were to win it.

Well, it's better than the Children of the Corn Trophy, but I don't care much for it. I agree, it looks like those corporate trophies handed out for district salesman of the year. I guess I prefer more old-school trophies. A nice bronze cup... now that I think about it, why DID we ever start handing out cups as trophies in the first place?

I know what it reminds me of: Take the Lombardi Trophy, paint it gold, and flatten the football on top.

But with all that said, I'd be quite happy if we were to win it.

To drink from. Did you really need to ask?

The trophy should be a down line-man in a three point stance atop Old Main.

oldmain_luke-w2000-h2000.jpg

While most agree on the new trophy no matter youre from, I don't think youll have to worry about putting one in your trophy case anytime soon.

At least we have several previous versions. Where are yours? The one named after a dead sportswriter doesn't count, fyi.

Top Bottom