New coach

bailee88

Reaction score
would you take 8+ wins a season but the new coach is bret bielema.

I hope they give the job to claeys. I coached a couple of the gopher players when they were in high school and they speak very highly of all the coaches.

It is sad to see all the trolls and vultures that surface at a time like this.

Long term I want more than 8 wins, and Bert's resume is looking wonkier as he goes, plus he's a bit of a troll and I'm not sure we want that.

Bert's buyout goes both ways, if he leaves... he (we) has to pay Arkansas.

Bert's current salary is just under 3 mil a year, do you want to spend that on Bert?

Long term I want more than 8 wins, and Bert's resume is looking wonkier as he goes, plus he's a bit of a troll and I'm not sure we want that.

Bert's buyout goes both ways, if he leaves... he (we) has to pay Arkansas.

Bert's current salary is just under 3 mil a year, do you want to spend that on Bert?

You're assuming they wouldn't be willing to waive that to get rid of him. While they may not be ready to can him, I'm not so sure they wouldn't be willing to let him go.

That said, I would probably cancel my season tickets right there and then. Not just because he coached at Wisconsin. It's everything about him. I could handle if they hired Gary Andersen. I could have handled Paul Chryst when Kill was hired (other than he was BJM's Godson - conflict of interest anyone?). I could handle Dave Doeren, etc. Just not Bert.

I would root against this program and wish nothing but the worst for it if they hired bret bulimic.

Starting over with a new coach and staff? Disaster waiting for that scenario. Jerry Kill changed attitudes around the whole program that was needed for decades. Tracy Cleays wants the job, the staff as a whole wants to stay here and continue the plan. It would be complete lunacy to make a wholesale change now. Give Cleays the job and find a place For coach Kill to help the athletic department maneuver in a state that does not get it yet.

Back to drinking sterno, antifreeze, or wood alcohol?

Starting over with a new coach and staff? Disaster waiting for that scenario. Jerry Kill changed attitudes around the whole program that was needed for decades. Tracy Cleays wants the job, the staff as a whole wants to stay here and continue the plan. It would be complete lunacy to make a wholesale change now. Give Cleays the job and find a place For coach Kill to help the athletic department maneuver in a state that does not get it yet.

Excellent post!

Top Bottom