New Barn floor design just approved June 3rd?

So, you'll rip the floor in this forum with all kinds of fellow Gopher fans who think of the elevated floor as a unique piece of tradition, but you will "defend" it to total strangers in a sports bar who you say think it is a total joke? Do I have that right?

That's interesting. Hard to fathom, but interesting.

No shit. If you really hate the elevated floor and think it's a detriment to the Gopher basketball program, you should be bad mouthing it whenever you get a chance.

Sounds like you're being difficult for the sake of being difficult here. Or you're lying about the whole 'coast to coast' thing, which I have a hard time believing :rolleyes:

Tubtastic,

>>As GopherLady pointed out, the floor has helped us in recruiting.<<

Total BS

What about the blue-chippers we miss out on? Figure an antiquated, silly, pointless raised floor looks attractive to them?

tj,

Maybe you homers should allow our hall-of-fame coach to cast the deciding vote.

Pharmacy,

>>Sounds like you're being difficult for the sake of being difficult here.<<

Isn't that my middle name?

>>Or you're lying about the whole 'coast to coast' thing, which I have a hard time believing<<

Believe it or not. No skin off my back.

G4L,

Why don't we all look at this in a glass-half-full kind of way?

The floor isn't actually raised, the rest of the arena is just lowered.

GO GOPHERS!

Tubtastic,

>>As GopherLady pointed out, the floor has helped us in recruiting.<<

Total BS

I was going to stay out of this, but I can't when you call me a liar. How many recuits have you talked to? I've spoken to everyone that wears maroon and gold, as well as many that chose to go elsewhere. What have any of them said to you? I would love to see quotes? I have many, as I record interviews.

Be a man, G4L, you don't like the raise floor, fine. To each their own. But don't hide behind your nameless acquaitances saying they bust a gut looking at it, and you have to defend it. I have been to just about every BT campus, Regionals, Final Fours, etc...and I have NEVER heard a laugh or negative word about it.

Maybe you homers should allow our hall-of-fame coach to cast the deciding vote.

Have you asked him what his opinion of the floor is? If so, I'm curious to know what his answer was.

Quick question, G4L. How is a court that is raise about 24 inches off of the ground a potential hazard when compared to other courts?

These non-raised courts have rows of press, computer and cameras, sound equipment, etc. surrounding the court at player level. Players are forced to fall up and over them on hustle plays, rather than approach them from above.

You are much more likely to hurt your head, neck or knees by being "chop blocked" by waist level equipment than from a two foot fall.

I was going to stay out of this, but I can't when you call me a liar. How many recuits have you talked to? I've spoken to everyone that wears maroon and gold, as well as many that chose to go elsewhere. What have any of them said to you? I would love to see quotes? I have many, as I record interviews.

Be a man, G4L, you don't like the raise floor, fine. To each their own. But don't hide behind your nameless acquaitances saying they bust a gut looking at it, and you have to defend it. I have been to just about every BT campus, Regionals, Final Fours, etc...and I have NEVER heard a laugh or negative word about it.

game, set, match

Why does anyone ever take anything that G4L says seriously anymore. I know I don't have the history that others do here, but I've yet to see him make a comment out of his nearly 14,000 worth a damn. Seriously, just ignore the self-rightous know-it-all douchebag and all our troubles go away....

Why does anyone ever take anything that G4L says seriously anymore. I know I don't have the history that others do here, but I've yet to see him make a comment out of his nearly 14,000 worth a damn. Seriously, just ignore the self-rightous know-it-all douchebag and all our troubles go away....

Agreed. The situation was predictable from the start. Blanket statements about how everyone around the country "busts a gut" at our raised, antiquated floor. Other posters then respond almost in unison that they have never heard such things from other fans in their travels. And predictably, the original starter of the topic refers to everybody who responds as "liars" and "morons."

Just an opinion here, but maybe it's time to move on to another topic. :)

Dear homers,

Sorry I rocked the boat. Sooner or later, you'll need to begin thinking for yourselves. A BB floor raised two feet above the first row of seats is unnecessary, provincial, and just plain dumb. So is asking head coaches to sit on cute, little stools. It is what it is...and you are what you are. The exaggeration is completely on your side with laughable claims of home court and recruiting advantages. If you aren't hearing the laughter from out-of-state BB fans, it may be because you don't want to hear it. Gopher basketball is much, much more than a silly raised floor. Carry on.

MrJ,

Here's another example of a lie:

>>Blanket statements about how everyone around the country "busts a gut" at our raised, antiquated floor.<<

I didn't say that, did I?

hear hear !!

Lived in CT for 3 years. I remember watching Gopher games a few times with CT friends. No one laughed. Everyone thought it was unique and different in a good way. We have the Wrigley field of college basketball. No one is taking down the ivy because is serves no purpose -- it, like the raised floor, adds character and a distinguishing characteristic to what would otherwise be a boring old basketball court. As GopherLady pointed out, the floor has helped us in recruiting.

Come clean -- you have a personal complaint about it, which you're entitled to, even if your complaint is one of the silliest things I've ever read on this board (which is saying quite a bit).

I agree completely. I absolutely love Willum Arena as is, with all its parts, raised and otherwise.

May it live as long as the U.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

MrJ,

Here's another example of a lie:

>>Blanket statements about how everyone around the country "busts a gut" at our raised, antiquated floor.<<

I didn't say that, did I?

Sorry, people "from coast-to-coast." Feel better now? :rolleyes:

But hey, your still going along with your "liar" motif, so you're right on your original course.

Hey, if it ain't the truth, it's a lie. This thread probably contains a few lies, but not a one by me. If the shoe fits, wear it.

My intention was to cite comments from sports bars I have wathced Gophers games in that happened to be in may states, not just in Minnesota or Oklahoma or even in the Midwest. I apologize if I wasn't clear.

respectfully,

Hey, if it ain't the truth, it's a lie. This thread probably contains a few lies, but not a one by me. If the shoe fits, wear it.

My intention was to cite comments from sports bars I have wathced Gophers games in that happened to be in may states, not just in Minnesota or Oklahoma or even in the Midwest. I apologize if I wasn't clear.

LOL. "comments from sports bars". Certainly excellent input to U of M policy decisions! Too darn funny.

Willum Arena = :clap: :clap: :clap:

Raised Floor = :clap: :clap: :clap:

In fact, raise it higher !!!

:)

Fair point. But to label people who disagreed with you as "liars" because they haven't heard similar disses of the raised floor is unnecessary. I for one can tell you my responses were completely honest.

Hey, I offered an alterative explanation. One could either be a liar or a poor listener. What more do you want from me.

Frankly, I'm this close to canceling my registration and leaving this board. And then you'd all be sorry and it would serve you right.

;)

Hey, I offered an alterative explanation. One could either be a liar or a poor listener. What more do you want from me.

Frankly, I'm this close to canceling my registration and leaving this board. And then you'd all be sorry and it would serve you right.

;)

May I be the first, and not the last to say, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out..

Bye-Bye...

;)

Nothing because apparently, you're not getting it. Someone disagrees with you and it's because they are a liar or because they are not listening close enough to people around them who obviously agree with you. Okay, got it.

Time to move on.

G4L,

You tried to start something here and you are getting rocked. You are losing your touch as a troll. You are caring too much, a fatal flaw in this kind of posting.

I however thought it was quite clever to post non-sense that people are busting a gut on the raised floor. A solid B+ for effort.

monk,

I don't want to overstate my very casual research on this topic, but I've never heard any out-of-state college BB fan say, "A raised floor? Wow. Why didn't my college think of that?" Or anything near that. Reactions I've actually experienced have ranged from chuckles to "busted guts" and that's the honest-to-God truth. Perhaps I'm hanging out at the wrong sports bars when I travel.

No prize recruit has ever opted for Minnesota over Michigan State because we're the ones with the raised floor. Let's stop kidding ourselves.

I understand that it will never change and I understand why. But that doesn't make a raised BB floor anything except silly.

As an out of stater who became a Gopher fan. I find the raised floor a unique feature that adds to the atmosphere. As a fan who attends games, the atmosphere is part of the entertainment price in the ticket, imo. I would be disappointed that this unique quality would be removed from the arena. In addition when living out on the East Coast, a stereotype for angry, pushy, and even rude type personalities, I didn't once here a crack on the floor.

Maybe you are just attacking the raised floor because of your interactions with a few people. To make a large cosmetic/historical change because of your insecurities when going to random bars coast to coast would truly be silly.

monk,

Quit analyzing. I criticize the raised floor because it is obsolete, unnecessary, and goofy. Period. No other agendas (except I would like to get Tubby off that stupid stool).

WAG,

Bring it. I can handle it and I always consider the source.

This has been a very funny thread to keep an eye on. In fact, if it goes any further I may indeed bust a gut myself.

I agree no recruit has ever chosen Minnesota over Michigan St. because of the raised floor. But, I would venture to guess Minnesota has never lost a recruit to Michigan St. because of the raised floor. So, what's the point?

The floor is raised, it will continue to be raised, I will continue to LOVE it, and Gopher4Life will continue to find people "busting a gut" over it. None of that will change. However, if Gopher4Life is "this close" to leaving this board and if he actually crosses that line... that would be real change.

Schnauzer,

>>So, what's the point?<<

If our raised floor gives us a recruiting edge, which supporters contend and which I disbelieve, it's landed us B-grade athletes who would've come here anyway.

monk,

Quit analyzing. I criticize the raised floor because it is obsolete, unnecessary, and goofy. Period. No other agendas (except I would like to get Tubby off that stupid stool).

WAG,

Bring it. I can handle it and I always consider the source.

We've heard your opinion; no need to repeat. Apparently, however, we need to repeat that you need to STFU and get off the thread. Stop arguing just for the sake of it.

Just like with everyone else posting, other than G4L, I have watched many games with people from out of this state, and no one has laughed or said anything disparaging about the raised floor. One of my good friends went to Wake Forest and moved here about 7 years ago, he's a huge college BB fan and thinks everything about Williams is great. Hopefully the fact that NOT ONE other poster has experienced this apparent laughing at our floor has made you rethink this. In addition to that, every national television broadcast I've watched has presented Williams arena, raised floor and all, in a very positive light.

Top Bottom