New additions to food lineup at Huntington Bank Stadium: Chik-Fil-A, brat dogs and more! (Food pics)

It's all in the timing. Waiting in line is a given at most stadiums unless the attendance is horrible. I have had no problem getting food, beers, or using the bathroom...I just time it. Have I waited in lines? Yes, but short ones. I kind of look at the complaints on this thread like those about traffic, parking, and lines to get into the stadium.
I also go to Twins, Wild, Gopher hockey often. Gopher football lines are worse and it's not even close.

I also go to Twins, Wild, Gopher hockey often. Gopher football lines are worse and it's not even close.
Me to. Twins and gopher hockey crowds in the last several years do not compare.

There’s a lot of “they ordered 2 things… and it took nearly 8 minutes” too. It’s not a volume thing, the efficiency behind the counter is bizarrely dysfunctional. Folks back there need help / organizing.

Me to. Twins and gopher hockey crowds in the last several years do not compare.
I went to 2 sold out Gopher hockey games last year and neither were anywhere near as bad as Gopher football. Have been to many sold out Twins games (albeit not in the last few years) at Target Field and no crazy lines. Getting food or drink at a Gopher football game can be a 20-minute undertaking.

Last edited:

There’s a lot of “they ordered 2 things… and it took nearly 8 minutes” too. It’s not a volume thing, the efficiency behind the counter is bizarrely dysfunctional. Folks back there need help / organizing.
Agreed. Probably won't get better anytime soon as staffing shortages have hurt the service industry in general lately.

I went to 2 sold out Gopher hockey games last year and neither were anywhere near as bad as Gopher football. Have been to many sold out Twins games (albeit not in the last few years) at Target Field and no crazy lines. Getting food or drink at a Gopher football game can be a 20-minute undertaking.
I experienced that maybe 3-4 times at the stadium in ten years. Went to several "sold out" hockey games in the past several years. The place was maybe a little over half full. What games did you attend last year?

The major problem is not having a concourse in upper deck so the traffic comes down. However, grabbing a beer is usually not a problem in open end zone in a beverage line only. Usually get my food fix during tailgating. Bathrooms aren’t an issue if you go by the elevators through the doors outside the stadium that are still within the gates. Hidden gem.

I experienced that maybe 3-4 times at the stadium in ten years. Went to several "sold out" hockey games in the past several years. The place was maybe a little over half full. What games did you attend last year?
Wisconsin 8-0 and Michigan playoff game.
Full arena and great atmosphere for both - felt like the old days. Went to a couple others but they weren't sold out.

The major problem is not having a concourse in upper deck so the traffic comes down.
Exactly. Wish they had even just a few bathrooms and concessions (other than drink carts) on the upper concourse. I think that would help a lot.

It's all in the timing. Waiting in line is a given at most stadiums unless the attendance is horrible. I have had no problem getting food, beers, or using the bathroom...I just time it. Have I waited in lines? Yes, but short ones. I kind of look at the complaints on this thread like those about traffic, parking, and lines to get into the stadium.
I cant believe at half time i get stuck in line....

Exactly. Wish they had even just a few bathrooms and concessions (other than drink carts) on the upper concourse. I think that would help a lot.
They seemed to try last year with the quick lane concessions that had just drinks and candy.

They were fast.. but often ran out .. they weren’t restocked.

They didn’t really solve the issue that the other concessions operate ultra slow.

Still, a good idea at least.

I wish I could enjoy the food options more.

But the inconsistent staffing / service speed makes it so that unlike other sports venues in town ... I just don't bother looking for anything specific / fun at TCF because it will take forever to get it (outside of going in the gate very early).

🤷🏻‍♂️
Staffing issue is that many of the Gopher Grill or whatever the one is that there's 12 of all seem to be run as volunteer projects vs paying regularly scheduled employees for

Staffing issue is that many of the Gopher Grill or whatever the one is that there's 12 of all seem to be run as volunteer projects vs paying regularly scheduled employees for
Yeah, unfortunately Sally and Jim from HR who I'm sure are trying and mean the best ... have never worked food service and operate like they've never worked a job with a real sense of urgency / efficiency ... ever maybe.

I'm ok with the voulenteer stuff but man they need some level of ... trainning and more than like one guy who knows what he is doing trying to herd the cats from HR or accounting or whatever ;)

That's one of the most vile looking things I've seen. Reminds me of trips to Cherry Berry when the kids were little and they'd take full advantage of every topping available. They'd eat about half of it and then sheepishly admit the monstrosity they had created was disgusting.

That's one of the most vile looking things I've seen. Reminds me of trips to Cherry Berry when the kids were little and they'd take full advantage of every topping available. They'd eat about half of it and then sheepishly admit the monstrosity they had created was disgusting.
It really doesn't look good. Just like "quick throw some stuff together".

Everything else looks good though.

Did anyone see any stands selling Summit products, either EPA, Slugfest or Saga?

I tied the brat dog.

It was good, but not sure I'd get it again, just good.

Also fried pickles from there was good.

Did anyone see any stands selling Summit products, either EPA, Slugfest or Saga?
They did. Also Surly, Castle Danger, and Third Street for local from what I could see. Popped down for a brat during the first TV timeout in the third and literally walked right up to the counter and ordered. They also had more sort of pop-up beer stands stationed around. We stopped at one and it ended up being a cash only (no signs) so that was the only hic-up for me...they had opened both beers but were fine with only buying one. Don't carry much cash.

Since the place opened the only downfall of The Bank is concessions it’s just been managed poorly from the beginning. If it was managed by somebody or some organization who cared and was competent—-they could fix it easily. Apparently, no one at the U that matters thinks it’s important enough to get it right.

I tried the BBQ Brisket Nachos and the Row the Boat Bacon. Nachos needed way more brisket for $18, and it was chewy, not like you would expect.

The bacon I should have researched (and seen this post) sooner. I was hoping for something more like pork belly burnt ends than just plain bacon with a dusting of brown sugar.

I tied the brat dog.

It was good, but not sure I'd get it again, just good.

Also fried pickles from there was good.
I also tried and liked the deep fried brat dog. I liked it enough to buy it again. Parlor burger was also good, something unique about the bun that I liked.

After too many beers I got tired of trying to find new spot (I didn't wander far).

Got stadium cheeseburger and they were out of condiments...mmm dried out burger.

Chik-Fil-A and brat dogs sound like game day delights. While I love indulging in stadium treats, it's also refreshing when there are options for natural food. Adding some wholesome choices to the mix can make the whole experience even better.

Top Bottom