Never a dull moment with Juwan Howard

Well, he took a poke at Krabby, so he has something going for him.

I thought he was out with heart surgery or something.

Well, he took a poke at Krabby, so he has something going for him.

I thought he was out with heart surgery or something.
He's been on the bench as an assistant for a few games, starting with whatever Thanksgiving week tournament they were in. He actually got thrown out of a game in that tournament, too. The interim guy is Phil Martelli, who was coach at St. Jospeh's for 24 years - he's a good stopgap if they need him, but not a long-term solution (he pays attention to the Medicare open enrollment ads).

He's been on the bench as an assistant for a few games, starting with whatever Thanksgiving week tournament they were in. He actually got thrown out of a game in that tournament, too. The interim guy is Phil Martelli, who was coach at St. Jospeh's for 24 years - he's a good stopgap if they need him, but not a long-term solution (he pays attention to the Medicare open enrollment ads).
I like Martelli. Good choice by Howard. Very surprised Howard returned without being completely in charge. The tea leaves sure look like Juwan is done. When was the last time any investigation led to a coach being retained?

FWIW, when I watch TV I am bombarded by Medicare supplement plan commercials. What does that say about me? What does that say about me?😳

FWIW, when I watch TV I am bombarded by Medicare supplement plan commercials. What does that say about me? What does that say about me?😳
IDK what it says about you. What I do know is that it says there is a sinful amount of $$$ being made on 3rd party reimbursements in health care.

IDK what it says about you. What I do know is that it says there is a sinful amount of $$$ being made on 3rd party reimbursements in health care.
I think it says I’m old and they think I’m a potential client! 😑

Who has the bigger collegiate athletic circus? Mich or Colorado? It's almost like they are both garnering for attention and can't help themselves.

What I learned this past week watching Mich. win in Iowa was that McCaffrey is pissier than Beoheim in his prime and neither team is great. Hawkeye players totally deflated by McCaffrey's technicals. Iowa blown out by Iowa St makes Iowa more gettable than recent years. Learned that Wisconsin getting blown out by 26 at AZ isn't an elite 8 threat at this point. Illinois beat by 7 at Tennessee, respectable, less than elite. Mizzou outscoring Kansas at KU in second half makes them decent in single digit loss. Auburn beating Indiana by 28 furthers the chinks in the BTN conference. Purdue taking care of business at home against Alabama showed they are the best team in conf. despite loss at NW, which happens when stars align.

This conference is open for teams to win games, and MN can win 10 BTN games! CBJ is doing a good job, and this team will improve as the season progresses. MN shares the ball--Assist rate over 67% of baskets #3 in NCAA. 2PFG % at 44% #23 in nation, and MN sports a top 50 defense in effective FG%, FTR allowed, 2PFG% defended. The only thing MN has trouble with is defending FTs, which have been shot over 74% against us (Hah!), and turning the ball over--but that trend is dropping, currently under 20% of possessions. Would be nice to drop that another 5% from this point on. Go Gophers!

I like Martelli. Good choice by Howard. Very surprised Howard returned without being completely in charge. The tea leaves sure look like Juwan is done. When was the last time any investigation led to a coach being retained?

Martelli seems like a stable choice for Mich., but every time I see him I see Peter Boyle!

Howard and his strength and conditioning coach threw punches at each other? Nothing says leadership like a physical altercation with your staff. What’s next Juwan? Slapping a player? Throwing a chair at a referee? Cloths lining an opponent as he runs down the court near your bench, like Woody Hayes did?

Bill

Bill Self?

It says you like Broadway 🎭 Joe and that’s-

1702340644032.jpeg

What I learned this past week watching Mich. win in Iowa was that McCaffrey is pissier than Beoheim in his prime and neither team is great. Hawkeye players totally deflated by McCaffrey's technicals. Iowa blown out by Iowa St makes Iowa more gettable than recent years. Learned that Wisconsin getting blown out by 26 at AZ isn't an elite 8 threat at this point. Illinois beat by 7 at Tennessee, respectable, less than elite. Mizzou outscoring Kansas at KU in second half makes them decent in single digit loss. Auburn beating Indiana by 28 furthers the chinks in the BTN conference. Purdue taking care of business at home against Alabama showed they are the best team in conf. despite loss at NW, which happens when stars align.

This conference is open for teams to win games, and MN can win 10 BTN games! CBJ is doing a good job, and this team will improve as the season progresses. MN shares the ball--Assist rate over 67% of baskets #3 in NCAA. 2PFG % at 44% #23 in nation, and MN sports a top 50 defense in effective FG%, FTR allowed, 2PFG% defended. The only thing MN has trouble with is defending FTs, which have been shot over 74% against us (Hah!), and turning the ball over--but that trend is dropping, currently under 20% of possessions. Would be nice to drop that another 5% from this point on. Go Gophers!
Are you saying this year and next year combined Ben will win 10 Big Ten games? That's pretty bold!

Are you saying this year and next year combined Ben will win 10 Big Ten games? That's pretty bold!
I'm 10-0 w/predictions so far, and that's exactly what I'm saying. I said it pre-season, and my conviction has only gotten stronger as I've watched them play. The BTN is not as strong as I feared in pre-season, and games are entirely there to be won. I have MN winning 6 of their last 7 games before the conf. tournament. Just need to stay healthy.

I'm 10-0 w/predictions so far, and that's exactly what I'm saying. I said it pre-season, and my conviction has only gotten stronger as I've watched them play. The BTN is not as strong as I feared in pre-season, and games are entirely there to be won. I have MN winning 6 of their last 7 games before the conf. tournament. Just need to stay healthy.
Not impossible but extremely ambitious. You'd win a lot of money if that parlay hit.

Juan Howard A1 jerk. isn’t smart enough to coh ach a Junior high team..

Top Bottom