Negative 6 (-6)!!!

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Three game winning streak;

Total Turnover Margin in those 3 games: -6

Can't continue to win games like that. Just plain cannot.

And really, the TO Margin could have been a lot worse today with how many times they put the ball on the turf (Mitch's lone bad pass on the winning drive).

Oh wait, but it's the playcalling. How could I forget....

You are right Ogee. Last year we had quite a few turnovers and scored off of them.

Obviously the offense/special teams needs to protect the ball, but this is why I rated the defense a C last week and took heat for it. The defense needs to create turnovers, or the Gophers will struggle during conference play.

Obviously the offense/special teams needs to protect the ball, but this is why I rated the defense a C last week and took heat for it. The defense needs to create turnovers, or the Gophers will struggle during conference play.

That's one stat that I think will even out so the defense is due to create some. Hopefully, it will start next week, and hopefully we won't lose any. My main complaint about Mitch is ball security. He just leaves the ball out there with one hand.

That's one stat that I think will even out so the defense is due to create some. Hopefully, it will start next week, and hopefully we won't lose any. My main complaint about Mitch is ball security. He just leaves the ball out there with one hand.

I think it will have a way of evening itself out as well. I sure hope so.

I don't know what's more disturbing; that they are (-6) in these last 3 games or that they have forced ZERO turnovers in those games. Ouch.

The Northwestern QB (RS FR) sure looks prone to giving up the ball; hopefully he'll throw a few to the Gophers (banged up) secondary next week. So far he and the Northwestern offense are less than impressive.

I wonder what the records are for teams that were -6 the last three weeks. I'm guessing not many wins, let alone 3-0 teams. Explain how this can be without good coaching and a gritty culture. Sometimes turnovers are fluky. I hope we get a bunch in B1G season.

We are -6 in the last three games. I just looked at the season stats and we have fumbled 13 times and lost 6. 13 freaking fumbles. That needs to stop and the defense needs to start creating turnovers.

I don't know what's more disturbing; that they are (-6) in these last 3 games or that they have forced ZERO turnovers in those games. Ouch.

The Northwestern QB (RS FR) sure looks prone to giving up the ball; hopefully he'll throw a few to the Gophers (banged up) secondary next week. So far he and the Northwestern offense are less than impressive.

Huh? We turned CSU over 4 times or am I missing something? What do you mean by we have forced ZERO?

I wonder what the records are for teams that were -6 the last three weeks. I'm guessing not many wins, let alone 3-0 teams. Explain how this can be without good coaching and a gritty culture. Sometimes turnovers are fluky. I hope we get a bunch in B1G season.

I know we were -3 vs Kent State and teams with -3 have 7% chance of winning regardless of W/L records. That stat alone kept things in perspective for me post game.

We are -6 in the last three games. I just looked at the season stats and we have fumbled 13 times and lost 6. 13 freaking fumbles. That needs to stop and the defense needs to start creating turnovers.

13 fumbles is awful. Dang.

Agree, I thought today the turnover thing would start to even out....Man was I wrong.... Greasy football on our side.
Almost cost the game.
Out turn is coming though. I think the d backs need to be more aggressive on the ball....

Agree, I thought today the turnover thing would start to even out....Man was I wrong.... Greasy football on our side.
Almost cost the game.
Our turn is coming though. I think the d backs need to be more aggressive on the ball....

Huh? We turned CSU over 4 times or am I missing something? What do you mean by we have forced ZERO?

You are correct! Now the real question is, what box score was I looking at?

My bad. Still a relatively valid point, just happens to be supported by horrendously flawed data!

I saw a negative thread and thought I should add..

Craig James, 3 punts, -27 return yards. Dang

I saw a negative thread and thought I should add..

Craig James, 3 punts, -27 return yards. Dang

Remember when Brewster had a freshman fair catch every punt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm guessing it isn't unusually rare.

Gotta remember how a lot of better teams play cupcakes early.... a lot of teams out there can bounce back starting the season with turnovers.

Now conference play, there you won't find a lot of Ws with those kind of turnovers.

I'd call the OT INT against CSU a forced turnover.

I'm guessing it isn't unusually rare.

Gotta remember how a lot of better teams play cupcakes early.... a lot of teams out there can bounce back starting the season with turnovers.

Now conference play, there you won't find a lot of Ws with those kind of turnovers.
It's not just overcoming turnovers, it's turnover margin. If winning a game with -3 TO margin is small, carrying it through 3 games is generally multiple times less frequent.

Top Bottom