Need advice. Worried.

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
Last couple games...I've been driving home listening to the post game.

Then they cut to Spencer.

I almost get in an accident as both of my hands dart to the radio to try and change the station.

I'm really worried.

Advice?

Pointless post. Mods, please remove.

I thought it was funny.

Now...Posts about Mbakwe's "facebook status".... pointless...

Spencer (Basketball) = Dave Lee (Football) = Ugh!

NM

I almost get in an accident as both of my hands dart to the radio to try and change the station.

I'm really worried.

Advice?

Unless you're married to Spence and relying on his income, why are you worried? So what if he sucks.

What do you need advice on? This thread is pretty pointless.

ST

I do wonder if Tubby had a say in who was going to be hired to do the color commentary and who he'd allow to interview him after the game.

I believe the Vikings get to approve their radio commentators, so I guess the Gophers would have a say also.

Serioulsy chem? You are calling for a board moderator to remove this post? wow...

See, this is the part where the "senior" members take offense to a relative "newb" chiming in and stirring their happy little pot. Happens on every board.

Next, someone will complain that they've already had a thread complaining about ST and that there's no more to discuss.

See, this is the part where the "senior" members take offense to a relative "newb" chiming in and stirring their happy little pot. Happens on every board.

Next, someone will complain that they've already had a thread complaining about ST and that there's no more to discuss.

my favorite part of the broadcast is when spencer says ralph needs to stop fading away.

spencer shot more fadeaways than michael jordan.

Luckily, I don't listen to the actual game...just the pre and post game while I'm driving.

I remember one game recently where one of his keys to the game was to keep the other team's stud under control.

We ended up winning the game by more than 10, but the stud scored something like 23 points.

Spence gave us an "A" because despite him scoring 23 points, we still won handily.

I actually thought he would've been fired by now. Honestly. And it's somewhat uncomfortable listening to them because the other guy clearly knows Spence sucks and keeps trying to give him opportunities to make a positive impact on the broadcast and say how great he is.

Now, Lynch. I loved listening to him...but I've been a big fan of his since he performed a 360 jam in Cloquet in 1987. The one weird thing was when he'd interview Tubby. Kevin seemed to have to keep pointing out to Tubby that he used to play, like he had to remind Tubby or try to build credibility with him. I was probably just reading too much into the comments, but it was somewhat funny to listen to. Rather than just asking the question, "About the other team's press...", Kevin would say, "When the team I was on beat Syracuse to go the the Elite 8, we had to really overcome their press. Tonight's opponent had a really good press..."

I'm really worried.

Advice?

Advice: Stop listening and busy yourself with reading the billboards, that way you have a reason for hitting the ditch. :)

Pointless. OK. I'll spell it out for you.

Spencer Tollakson is the worst color commentator I've ever heard. Uhhh.. Umm... Like...

Not as bad as the announcers for the the online Big Ten Network stream.

my favorite part of the broadcast is when spencer says ralph needs to stop fading away.

spencer shot more fadeaways than michael jordan.

Or that Iverson needs to dunk. "I mean, umm, I know he doesn't have umm the greatest umm hops, but I mean, umm you got to dunk it uhh big fella."

it drives me nuts when he talks about how "I had the privilege of working with Tubby for a season", yeah and you learned NOTHING except to keep fading away and rebound less. he tries to make it sounds like he and Tubby are "like this" (picture fingers crossed, lol) which is just annoying.

Top Bottom