Nebraska Spring Game

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
60,000 turned out to watch wunderbar QB Dylan Raiola complete 16 of 22 passes for 240 yards and two TDs. He's living up to the hype - definitely can throw the long ball accurately. The back-up QBs looked good, too. With an easier schedule, Huskers could win eight games this year. They benefited from TV exposure for the game and only the 4th quarter had a constant clock. Meanwhile Gopher fans...

60,000 turned out to watch wunderbar QB Dylan Raiola complete 16 of 22 passes for 240 yards and two TDs. He's living up to the hype - definitely can throw the long ball accurately. The back-up QBs looked good, too. With an easier schedule, Huskers could win eight games this year. They benefited from TV exposure for the game and only the 4th quarter had a constant clock. Meanwhile Gopher fans...
No chance the Gophers would have got 60,000 fans but the weekend of the traditional spring game was beautiful. Within 5 mins of the Gopher's stadium there was a NBA playoff game, Major League Baseball game, and two big concerts - Kane Brown at Target Center and Tim McGraw at Xcel. Either of those 4 events would equal a huge weekend in Lincoln.

It isn't a pro or con, just knowing that the Gopher spring game wouldn't move the dial for many fans. Like most that post on this board we are probably the "Gopher Guy" in our social circles - give me a choice to watch the Timberwolves playoff game or Gopher spring game and I am choosing to watch the playoffs.

Last edited:

Ah yes the annual "Great Plains Gopher tells us all how great Nebraska is going to be because people in Nebraska said so" thread is back! I believe Scott Frost won a lot of Big Ten Titles om the backs of these threads!

I love that a player lived up to the hype because he had a great spring game...

.....can celebrate winning head to head and more games each season , going to bowl games, and not being the laughing stock of college football.

Asterix: He was throwing against Nebraska's defense.

No chance the Gophers would have got 60,000 fans but the weekend of the traditional spring game was beautiful. Within 5 mins of the Gopher's stadium there was a NBA playoff game, Major League Baseball game, and two big concerts - Kane Brown at Target Center and Tim McGraw at Xcel. Either of those 4 events would equal a huge weekend in Lincoln.

It isn't a pro or con, just knowing that the Gopher spring game wouldn't move the dial for many fans. Like most that post on this board we are probably the "Gopher Guy" in our social circles - give me a choice to watch the Timberwolves playoff game or Gopher spring game and I am choosing to watch the playoffs.
Not to mention, why embarrass yourself as you really don't want to bring any recruits in any way with the numbers we pull in for attendance. These are the recent spring game numbers I saw in the conference:

1. OSU - 80,012
2. PSU - 67,000
3. NEB - 60,452
4. ORE - 40,000
5. MICH - 31,000
6. UCLA - 11,703
7. WASH - 5,000
8. PUR - 4,442

We always hear that no one really cares about college football in CA and there are 100 other things to do in Southern Cal, but even UCLA pulled in nearly 12K in fans, which we would never do. We'd be lucky to pull in Purdue numbers and is that even worth the money?

Not to mention, why embarrass yourself as you really don't want to bring any recruits in any way with the numbers we pull in for attendance. These are the recent spring game numbers I saw in the conference:

1. OSU - 80,012
2. PSU - 67,000
3. NEB - 60,452
4. ORE - 40,000
5. MICH - 31,000
6. UCLA - 11,703
7. WASH - 5,000
8. PUR - 4,442

We always hear that no one really cares about college football in CA and there are 100 other things to do in Southern Cal, but even UCLA pulled in nearly 12K in fans, which we would never do. We'd be lucky to pull in Purdue numbers and is that even worth the money?

Washington reported 2000-5000....so maybe even less than what you posted. Hard to believe even after their great season.

Washington reported 2000-5000....so maybe even less than what you posted. Hard to believe even after their great season.
Washington’s spring game is this Friday. The paid seats are sold out and there are plenty of free seats. The weather should be great (for Seattle) sunny and in the low 60’s for kick off. I think there should be at least 5,000.

At the Nebraska spring game,
Nebraska managed to do something they haven’t done since 2016…..

They went .500
Nebraska is undefeated and getting votes going into every season. They may be better off not playing any games because the last several years it’s all downhill from the opening kickoff.

Exactly, Colorado sold out their spring game last year and they suck. Have a feeling Nebraska is in the same boat.
The more I read and think about the spring game, it really is a waste of time. I don't fault Fleck at all for going a different direction.

Only 60K for Nebbie?

There must have been a tractor pull in town that day.

Top Bottom