Nebraska Spring Game

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
Nebraska has 6 scholarship QBs on the roster. No. 1 offense being run by Jeff Sims, the GT post-grad transfer. Looks better than Casey Thompson. Nice arm; big—can also run. It’s who we might face in the opener.

Nebraska has 6 scholarship QBs on the roster. No. 1 offense being run by Jeff Sims, the GT post-grad transfer. Looks better than Casey Thompson. Nice arm; big—can also run. It’s who we might face in the opener.
I have a hard time believing Thompson will be in the roster and not a ststtrr

They're allowing full contact on the QBs? Seems pretty risky for a spring game. So far not too impressive. They have a lot of work to do in their summer camp to be ready for the Gophers on opening night.

They're allowing full contact on the QBs? Seems pretty risky for a spring game. So far not too impressive. They have a lot of work to do in their summer camp to be ready for the Gophers on opening night.
Matt ruhle was 2-10 his first year at temple.
Temple won 9 games 2 years before he got there and 4 games the year before he got there.

Matt Rhule was 1-11 his first year at Baylor. Baylor was 7-6 the year before he got there and 10-3 two years before he got there.

Matt Rhule was 5-11 with Carolina.
Carolina was 5-11 the year before he got there. 7-9 two years before.

Nebraska was 4-8 last year. 3-9 in 2021
Matt ruhle has never won more games in his first year somewhere than either of the two years preceding it.

I am going to go ahead and guess that Nebraska doesn’t contend next year. I do think that Nebraska was very fundamentally weak and he will improve that. So I don’t expect a big step back.

Looks like the sellout streak has ended. Joking of course, but I do miss Scunt Frost.

I’ll give them this… their spring game actually looks like a football game. It is much more interesting to watch than our small time backwoods indoor game.

Perhaps the Gophers are good enough to beat Nebraska by 4 touchdowns. In the end that is what matters most, of course.

But our annual indoor “spring game” played in front of dozens is a joke.

I nearly always miss the spring game due to cabin opening or early season cabin chores. But this year I’m in town and would have gone.

I’ll give them this… their spring game actually looks like a football game. It is much more interesting to watch than our small time backwoods indoor game.

Perhaps the Gophers are good enough to beat Nebraska by 4 touchdowns. In the end that is what matters most, of course.

I nearly always miss the spring game due to cabin opening or early season cabin chores. But this year I’m in town and would have gone.

The Gophers get Nebraska early at home on August 31. It will an interesting game.

Please explain how the Nebraska spring game looks more like a football game? Simply because of the crowd? Is our indoor facility only 50 yards long? What am i missing?

Why are people always so obsessed with the attendance at a spring game, who cares how you watch a glorified practice. At the end of the day no one cares where/how its played in a months time. All it is is gauge for coaches to see how they're players are performing

I don’t think it’s a joke. I might be alone.

Please explain how the Nebraska spring game looks more like a football game? Simply because of the crowd? Is our indoor facility only 50 yards long? What am i missing?
It was played in a stadium and a band played. It had camera angles that were remindful of those you see in college football. Perhaps you didn’t catch that. Happy to clarify.

I seem to have touched a nerve for some people defensive of our little spring game.

It was played in a stadium and a band played. It had camera angles that were remindful of those you see in college football. Perhaps you didn’t catch that. Happy to clarify.

I seem to have touched a nerve for some people defensive of our little spring game.

dVHQ7ME.gif

Meh, I saw some bad throws and a bunch of dropped passes. Offense looked pretty shaky to me.

Top Bottom