Nebraska post-game thoughts 2/5

I think we need 10-8 to be a shoe-in, 9-9 and 8-10 have us on the bubble in my opinion, with 9 wins being on the right side of the bubble and 8 on the wrong side.

On an unrelated note, I have been under teh impression that the committee doesn't seem to put much weight in the conference tourney games, can anyone speak to that?

10-8 would certainly make us a shoe in, but 9-9 will put us in, regardless of the B1G tourney. The respect for the B1G is high this year, and with the weakness of the bubble right now, I can't see us getting left out with that record. Almost every prognosticator out there has us in with a 9-9 record, but it's still a long way off. Personally, I am just excited to see how we finish with some big games coming up. Taking down bucky this week will be a huge step to making it reality. Go Gophs!

If they finish 9-9 they may have to win a B1G tournament game to be a lock to get in.

9-9 is a lock this year. If we get to 9-9 we will have a couple of more wins - at least- against ranked teams. We have to beat at least two ranked teams at home to do it. If we do that our RPI is too high to exclude.

The scouting report is out. Stay in front of him and let him shoot from the outside, don't let him drive to the hoop.

His only advantage seems to be his ability to get to the line when he does drive. When not fouled-he gets his shot blocked a lot. If he gets a jumper someday...watch out. Until then he might see a lot of scoreless games.

His only advantage seems to be his ability to get to the line when he does drive. When not fouled-he gets his shot blocked a lot. If he gets a jumper someday...watch out. Until then he might see a lot of scoreless games.
The one play where he did have an open drive to the hoop, he seemed shocked and put up a bad shot, like he was pressing. Did lead in rebounds for the second game in a row I believe.

The one play where he did have an open drive to the hoop, he seemed shocked and put up a bad shot, like he was pressing. Did lead in rebounds for the second game in a row I believe.
He was definitely aggressive on the boards, but I think it's fair to say that's not the only place he wants to be doing well.

I think each situation would be different.
In a lot of cases the conference tourney winner gets an automatic bid.
A team that may be on the bubble could play themselves in if they don't win but have a strong finish.
( Like losing in the championship to a strong winner of both the conference and conf. tourn )

Most important is how you finish the season.

The selection committee has said many times they pay more attention to the last 10 games than the first 10.

Most teams are playing a lot of cupcakes the first part of their schedule unless in a early season tourn.

They figure teams playing good at the end will provide better and more exiting games.

I think that thought got thrown out the last year or two.

9-9 is a lock this year. If we get to 9-9 we will have a couple of more wins - at least- against ranked teams. We have to beat at least two ranked teams at home to do it. If we do that our RPI is too high to exclude.

You're probably right it would be enough. I'm thinking of scenario where the Gophers would lose to Iowa for a third time. Like you said they'll have to beat two ranked teams to get to 9-9.

Top Bottom