Nebraska Injury

ncgo4

Reaction score
Armstrong carried off the field at end of 1 st half. Tackled late going out of bounds. KO'd but seemed all right being put into ambulance.

Armstrong carried off the field at end of 1 st half. Tackled late going out of bounds. KO'd but seemed all right being put into ambulance.

Back on the sideline in street clothes supporting his team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll be the comeback story all next week if Nebraska drubs MN.

Back on the sideline in street clothes supporting his team.

First, I'm of course very relieved he's fine. As far as next week's game, I would think he would need to sit out, if he had a concussion.

In Minnesota yes. In Nebraska no, he will play.

Can't judge concussions from the seat in front of the tv. He looks fine, however. I bet he plays unless he wakes up with symptoms tomorrow.

Hope Armstrong is OK. It is always scary to see any athlete laying still after a hit. It did look like his head bounced hard off the ground similar to the hit Mitch took that knocked him out. Sad NB Is taking a beating as they will be looking to get back on track against us.

Sad NB Is taking a beating as they will be looking to get back on track against us.

I'd go the other way. Ranked in the top 10 they had a ton of confidence. They now know they aren't nearly as good as they thought they were and I could see them having a letdown week. If TA doesn't play on top of that and the stars could align.

I hope he is ok. But I am sure the NCAA will give him a medical redishIrt if he wants...the NCAA loves Nebraska. So there only two games against a winning team and they lose both. Will they drop to 12 now?

He will play next week and it will be a tall task for Gophers to win. Having said that, I will watch game, cheer them on , and hope for a win.

Is there any way in today's day and age that you can be knocked out cold for a long period of time like that and come back and play the next week? I don't see how that could ever happen. I mean Leidner had to sit out against Maryland after he got a concussion against Iowa, and did he even miss any plays?

Is there any way in today's day and age that you can be knocked out cold for a long period of time like that and come back and play the next week? I don't see how that could ever happen. I mean Leidner had to sit out against Maryland after he got a concussion against Iowa, and did he even miss any plays?
Right, Leidner played the rest of the game. Will be interesting to see what the new, more compassionate Big Red coaching staff decides for Armstrong.

Glad he's okay. I never like to see someone injured playing a game. As for Nebraska, they're beatable if the Gophers play up to their capabilities.

I hope he's ok after 2 weeks rest.

He was on the sideline by the end of the game...The 30 minute delay in the game was due to a Pre-Madonna QB and a preference to baby the kids. Back in the day (mid 2000's), the men would get "helped" off the field and be back in the game a couple plays later. Maybe not smart, but definitely more masculine than getting strapped down to a life board, carted off, and getting put in an ambulance, like he was in an 80 MPH head on vehicle collision, when it was obvious he only got a good hit to the head (from the ground). I'm leaving the door open to get ripped by the concussion experts, but......COME ON MAN!

I am hoping this is misplaced satire and not your true feelings...because that would make you in the running ****** of the year. Read something...hitting your head in the way he did with the snapping at the kneck is equivalent to 100 mph impact.

I'd go the other way. Ranked in the top 10 they had a ton of confidence. They now know they aren't nearly as good as they thought they were and I could see them having a letdown week. If TA doesn't play on top of that and the stars could align.

I hope you are right, but I expect the opposite. They will be out to redeem themselves in front of the home crowd and will be out for blood.

He was on the sideline by the end of the game...The 30 minute delay in the game was due to a Pre-Madonna QB and a preference to baby the kids. Back in the day (mid 2000's), the men would get "helped" off the field and be back in the game a couple plays later. Maybe not smart, but definitely more masculine than getting strapped down to a life board, carted off, and getting put in an ambulance, like he was in an 80 MPH head on vehicle collision, when it was obvious he only got a good hit to the head (from the ground). I'm leaving the door open to get ripped by the concussion experts, but......COME ON MAN!

You actually left the door even more open for the grammar police. Pre-madonna qb? So like....Debbie Harry? Thems fightin' words.

I hope he is ok. But I am sure the NCAA will give him a medical redishIrt if he wants...the NCAA loves Nebraska. So there only two games against a winning team and they lose both. Will they drop to 12 now?

Yeah, ain't that the truth.

I expect the Gophers will bring home the win, beat NW, and Wisky to be a toss up. 10-2 is quite possible. Hope Armstrong is OK, doubt he plays.

Back in the day, being carted off in a flat bed truck is considered a luxury for royal hindnesses.

All kidding aside, I am glad that they are treating head and neck injuries more seriously.

It may not be so serious. I watch a lot of soccer and have seen many players stretchered off only to return to play just moments later.

They'll run the concussion protocol and the results will determine if TA plays. I would think there is a better than 50/50 chance he misses our game.

Top Bottom