Nebraska hoops on pause

tjgopher

Reaction score
So, not to put the cart before the horse, but Nebraska basketball program is on pause. We play them next week. The Husker program went on pause yesterday, so let's assume multiple players are positive and have to sit out the 17 days...that puts the return time past the time we would play them for the away game.

I know nothing is guaranteed, but man, we need that game on the schedule and a chance to get a much-needed road win.

Hope they can find a make-up date that works if it does get PPD next week.

Feel terrible for any team to miss time. It is their together time and without practice time impossible to improve.

Yeah I can't see our game with them next week happening on time if they're just pausing.

If a couple people are positive and others test negative, the Gopher game could still happen. They may be down a coach or player(s) but they'd be able to play.

Have to wonder if Holberg is at a higher risk for serious issues related to covid-19. Hope all are healthy enough and symptoms are minimal.

So is the hoops sit out 17 days? Football was 21. Why aren't they following the CDC 10 day protocol?

They switched to 17 days for all Big Ten sports on December 21st.

So, not to put the cart before the horse, but Nebraska basketball program is on pause. We play them next week. The Husker program went on pause yesterday, so let's assume multiple players are positive and have to sit out the 17 days...that puts the return time past the time we would play them for the away game.

I know nothing is guaranteed, but man, we need that game on the schedule and a chance to get a much-needed road win.

Hope they can find a make-up date that works if it does get PPD next week.

Pretty sure they designed the Big Ten schedule with some gaps, so it's easier to make up games. It's also very feasible to play 3 games in a week if needed. So if we PPD next week, I don't think it'll be a huge concern for us to find a new date. Nebraska, on the other hand, seems like they have missed a lot of games, so they're going to be trying to pack a ton of games into a shorter schedule.

Games with Nebraska will likely be played. I am concerned about if/when Mr. Covid visits the Gophers. Stay clean, boys.

Pretty sure they designed the Big Ten schedule with some gaps, so it's easier to make up games. It's also very feasible to play 3 games in a week if needed. So if we PPD next week, I don't think it'll be a huge concern for us to find a new date. Nebraska, on the other hand, seems like they have missed a lot of games, so they're going to be trying to pack a ton of games into a shorter schedule.

I'm sure they will find a date, but have a glance at the Feb calendar for Nebraska, Purdue, Illinois, and Minnesota. Tell me where Nebraska can find at least four dates for make-up games. They may have to play back-to-back nights, NBA style.

Let's hope they can play next week.

Last edited:

Silver lining: That Nebraska road loss would put a real stain on our NET ranking. ;)

We need a few of these types of games to rack up wins. Gophers have had the hardest B1G schedule so far. Time to feast a little.

Top Bottom