Nebraska honors requests for paper tickets

swingman

Reaction score
"What about that paper ticket part, you ask? Yeah, that's been a daunting task and remains a high-pressure duty right now for those in the Husker ticket office.

"I think we've heard loudly and clearly that our fans are very much in favor of the paper ticket option," said Alberts, who offered a special thanks to Holly Adam, Husker assistant athletic director for ticketing, who has been working hard to make that happen after many fans responded that they still wanted hard-copy tickets.

Even with mobile tickets becoming more the norm, Alberts said nearly one-third of the season-ticket base in football wanted paper tickets. One of his first decisions as the Husker A.D. was to do honor those requests.

"I do know that we have fans that have not received their paper tickets yet. I also want you to know that they're coming. I want you to know that we have about 30 staff members who have volunteered (Thursday) to show up at 7 a.m. This is a team that has been working at 6:30 in the morning to 10 o'clock at night. I put them in a very tough spot by announcing we will have a paper ticket option. And I'm glad that we did. ... Almost 8,000 season-ticket accounts requested a paper-ticket option. So I think it's part of the unique culture that is Nebraska Athletics."

The paper ticket option was also extended to volleyball.

On the football front, Alberts added, "You will get your tickets. Be patient with us. And I would anticipate having a paper ticket option (in future years) as we move forward. The reality is we need to move on with some of the opportunities in technology, but we have a strong portion of our fan base that enjoys collecting the paper tickets."

Alberts said the Huskers will get a commemorative ticket out to season-ticket holders at some point in the season too.

I have drawers full of tickets. No use for them. Electronic is fine with me.

I do think someone on here got paper tickets for football though.

The Billds secured paper tickets for both seating and parking this season. U was very accommodating.

Yes, we have all our stubs from 2001 to 2019. Little utility other than enjoying seeing them collected in a big mug. Kind of a testament though...

Nebraska has people that want to go to their games?

Wait.... did someone trade Nebraska the alphabet technology!?!?!?

You can now save pretty much any Gopher game in its entirety to the cloud forever. All the really good games get archived to YouTube or rebroadcast for years. There's cameras in our pockets throughout the entire gameday experience. Recaps, photos, highlights, box scores -- all available at a moment's notice for any game since about 2000, and for any game in the future.

I think we can give up paper tickets as mementos in exchange for all of that.

But in all honesty:

Nebraska will do whatever it has to do -- "honor paper tickets" for people off the street hurriedly pushed into the stadium at the last second -- to keep "the streak" alive.

Top Bottom