Nebraska hires Trev Alberts as AD

Another 90s guy!

Also seems like a great dude all around:

"On September 6, 2005, Alberts was terminated by ESPN for breaching his contract when he declined to report to work; Alberts later claimed he did not want to "play second fiddle" to the more prominent cast of College GameDay, Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit and Lee Corso"

(y)

Last edited:

UNO was in DII for years with the Dakota schools.

Alberts killed football and wrestling there, in order to go DI and rejoin them in the Summit League. They were already DI in hockey.

Rumor was that Lincoln said football and wrestling had to go, before they would allow the move up, and Alberts was happy to do as he was told to avoid any conflict with Big Red.

We know that the Titanic was sunk not by an iceberg, but by the powerful interests who pushed the schedule. The same fate that met the Space Shuttle Columbia - due to pressure from above.

We hope that Captain Frost does not set the course towards an iceberg. Nebraska does not want to be the Tennessee of the North.

Trev did eliminate football at Nebraska-Omaha in order to step up to D1 in other sports.

Just sayin.

We know when the Gophers have arrived when we get Husker fans converted into Gopher fans. At least in championship playoffs.

Funny story, I know a guy from Nebby, who did undergrad at Nebby, law school at U of M… he told me he’s done with Nebby and is a Gopher fan first from here on out.
That's impressive, I thought those people were like Packer fans or Red Sox fans, etc.

Funny story, I know a guy from Nebby, who did undergrad at Nebby, law school at U of M… he told me he’s done with Nebby and is a Gopher fan first from here on out.
I kinda could understand that to some extent.

The administration decisions generally have been weird / confusing / seemingly random / like they are kinda aloof to athletics... or at best just don't have a plan.

So folks didn't like Bo and wanted more than 9 wins... no harm there. So they pick .. a guy who is really nice and seemingly that's his selling point.

In the meantime they hire guys like Moos who seems really good at putting his foot in his mouth and word has it Frost and the University President went around him to do stuff like try to get the Oklahoma game rescheduled..... like wut even, bad call and why isn't the AD involved?

Now they hire a somewhat random 'Nebraska man' AD all of a sudden.

The fans understandably aspire to a bit more than the random acts of administration. Some might have unrealistic aspirations, but the choices at Nebraska seem more like 'whatever' type moves.

I could understand some disillusionment about "What even is the plan here!?!?!".

From here on, let this be known as Pellini's Cat Curse. They should have never messed with the original Bit Of Broken Chair trophy with a photo of Pellini and his cat.

This has Osborne's finger prints all over it from the sudden firing of Moos for not going along with Frost in cancelling the OU game to choosing another Golden Boy from the 90s.

This ship will be fun watching sink... Before it was just a yacht... Now it's a ship... I hate nebraska... I really really hate nebraska

The more I think about this hire the more I wonder if it is a very clever move by Osborne to remove Frost without the divisions in the fan base such a move might cause.
Alberts has slobbered all over his deep love of all things NE FB in his introduction as AD.
So his getting rid of Frost would be seen as Alberts acting in the purest of motivations.

The more I think about this hire the more I wonder if it is a very clever move by Osborne to remove Frost without the divisions in the fan base such a move might cause.
Alberts has slobbered all over his deep love of all things NE FB in his introduction as AD.
So his getting rid of Frost would be seen as Alberts acting in the purest of motivations.
I'm thinking Frost is Osborne's guy and now he's putting more of his guys in his place.

I really want that to be the case!

Word had it that Frost and the Neb university president already went around the AD in their hilarious / unpopular attempt to postpone their Oklahoma game....

The popularity of Nebraska football, on the national college football scene, has never been lower.

The Big Ten's investment has very much been wasted. Rutgers is on track to surpass them as a football program, at this point.

The popularity of Nebraska football, on the national college football scene, has never been lower.

The Big Ten's investment has very much been wasted. Rutgers is on track to surpass them as a football program, at this point.
It was not much of an investment but NE does benefit from having far fewer cable or wifi subscribers than eg, Rutgers, for I believe the BTN $ are distributed equally no matter the population size subscribing.

It was not much of an investment but NE does benefit from having far fewer cable or wifi subscribers than eg, Rutgers, for I believe the BTN $ are distributed equally no matter the population size subscribing.
I get your point, but it could probably be phrased better, like "they benefit from all of the cable subscribers in larger markets compared to having to rely on their own market".

I get your point, but it could probably be phrased better, like "they benefit from all of the cable subscribers in larger markets compared to having to rely on their own market".
I agree, I was being called to do some chores and did not spend much time in writing it.

Top Bottom