Nebraska has hardest schedule in history of NCAA

I clearly remember when Nebraska was dominant and their non-conference matchups with Gophers were total blowouts. I think one such meeting ended with Nebraska 84, Gophers maybe 3 or 7.

How times have changed in a mere 40 years! And now Minnesota high schools are producing elite athletes, particularly in basketball, though some too in football. That was unheard of in olden times.

Wisconsin's schedule is no cakewalk:

They open with Indiana at Camp Randall. Then a 'breather' against Southern Illinois. And then...

Sept. 19 — APPALACHIAN STATE

Sept. 26 — @ Michigan

Oct. 3 — NOTRE DAME

Oct. 10 — MINNESOTA

---------------------

Iowa plays their entire crossover schedule, back-to-back-to-back:

Oct. 3 — MICHIGAN STATE

Oct. 10 — @ Ohio State

Oct. 17 — @ Penn State
If Ferentz leads Iowa to a west title with that crossover, a new QB, and no Epenesa, he should be national coach of the year.

A dirty trick? I swear they joined the Big Ten voluntarily.

A dirty trick? I swear they joined the Big Ten voluntarily.
LOL

They wanted to be founding members of the Big Ten. They applied back in the early 1900's and were rejected, for good reason.

Biggest mistake Delaney made.

LOL

They wanted to be founding members of the Big Ten. They applied back in the early 1900's and were rejected, for good reason.

Biggest mistake Delaney made.
Naw, Nebraska is fun to have around.

The quadrangle of hate really makes for some good character in the west.

Iowa State would've been a much better add. At least that's an actual, respectable research school.

Oh well

Iowa State would've been a much better add. At least that's an actual, respectable research school.

Oh well
giphy.gif

When they joined the conference Husker fans thought playing these teams was beneath the dignity of a "helmet" school like them; now they cry that playing these same schools is an unfair "gauntlet" they must survive. Welp.

Leave it to Nebraska to complain how difficult their Big10 portion of their schedule is. Maybe they should just go back to that cream puff filled Big12 :).

Leave it to Nebraska to complain how difficult their Big10 portion of their schedule is. Maybe they should just go back to that cream puff filled Big12 :).
The Big XII was too hard for them, after Osborne and his cheat players filtered out of the program.

Those good ole Big 8 days ...

I hear everyone in here making fun of them, but their schedule next year is undoubtedly harder than Minnesota's next season. If it wasn't for their schedule then I would probably be pick Nebraska second in the West behind Wisconsin next year. As it is, I think that will be Minnesota, so it does make a difference.

Oh well
Just not so. Also, Nebby has the most academic All Americans.

Just not so.
AAU proves otherwise

Nebby has the most academic All Americans.
Irrelevant to research. Actually, that is really irrelevant to anything other than GPA. And who controls GPA? The school. So if the school "magically" gives a 4.0 to some football player, guess what? They're academic all-conference. What does that prove?

Grade inflation is real. Schools have zero incentive, financially, to ever give out really anything less than a B- to any paying student.

Top Bottom