Nebraska game postponed due to Covid

True. It is not the best case for Minnesota as it takes away a good chance at a road win, but it makes a lot of sense for the conference.
Neutral wins count almost as much as road wins in the NCAA net rankings I believe, so I think 2 neutral court wins might actually be better. I'm just worried we'd end up with a split and a bad loss.

Neutral wins count almost as much as road wins in the NCAA net rankings I believe, so I think 2 neutral court wins might actually be better. I'm just worried we'd end up with a split and a bad loss.
That’s true. Two wins over neutral court Nebraska would result in two Q3 wins while a two wins over home/away Nebraska would result in one Q3 and one Q4 win, so that would be good.

I would mainly like to improve the record in the road column though. Right now it starts with a big, ugly 0. I hope by the end of the year it starts with at least a 3.

Minnesota plays Nebraska on Feb 8. Perhaps they should look into playing back-to-back neutral site games over a two or three day period. That would really help Nebraska get on the right track for their re-scheduling purposes.

With no fans in the stands, who cares...play them both Williams Arena. Do a Sun-Mon, NBA-style back-to-back. Seriously, its a pandemic. Flexibility is needed.

With no fans in the stands, who cares...play them both Williams Arena. Do a Sun-Mon, NBA-style back-to-back. Seriously, its a pandemic. Flexibility is needed.
The Big Ten would probably want to keep it as fair as practical and as convenient as possible. The Timberwolves are on the road Feb 1-9 - the Target Center would allow two neutral site games still in the Twin Cities. Obviously everything depends on when Nebraska gets healthy and back on the court, but I hope the B1G considers this (or the Sioux Falls idea) as an option.

The Big Ten would probably want to keep it as fair as practical and as convenient as possible. The Timberwolves are on the road Feb 1-9 - the Target Center would allow two neutral site games still in the Twin Cities. Obviously everything depends on when Nebraska gets healthy and back on the court, but I hope the B1G considers this (or the Sioux Falls idea) as an option.

I'm doubtful the Big Ten will do a back-to-back, but I'm guessing if they do, they will want the most economical and practical way to do it. And, during a pandemic that means to have only one team travel (not both) and play at a facility that doesn't have to be rented and paid for and staffed by people who are salaried and not union working at an event rate. It is quite expensive to put on an independent event at the Target Center. I see no way the Big Ten or the U of M will willingly pay thousands of dollars to put on TWO "neutral" site events at the Target Center when they can play for rent-free 3 miles away at Williams Arena.

Last edited:

Top Bottom