Nebraska game kickoff time 11am official

Some guy

Reaction score
Does anybody have any insight on this? When it will be announced?

I have to think it’s 2:30 on BTN or 11am on one of the foxes or ESPNs

I'm just here to find out that info, too.

LOL! Here I thought you had the time. We can speculate all we want all day long.

LOL! Here I thought you had the time. We can speculate all we want all day long.
Well if someone knows who has rights this week.

networks will pick games in the following order that week:
Army Wisconsin already set 7pm on BTN

Michigan state vs indiana 11am best game in time slot
Northwestern Vs Rutgers 11am

Purdue vs Iowa 2:30pm

I just don’t know how the contracts work. We could logically figure it out now that we know how good the teams are if someone could come in here and tell us

Really getting tired of these 11 a.m. games. Traditionally, Gopher home games began at 1 p.m. - those were the days. By the way, in the avatar, Tonnemaker and the runner are wearing white home jerseys because in 1948 Bierman switched from gold, which he adopted in the '30s, to white, because - the story goes, sometimes attributed to Sid - the Big Ten thought the mustard gold jerseys hid the ball, which was unfair to other teams. So, like LSU, the road uni became the home uni, though occasionally Bierman ordered up maroon jerseys, which Coach Fesler made standard.

Really getting tired of these 11 a.m. games. Traditionally, Gopher home games began at 1 p.m. - those were the days. By the way, in the avatar, Tonnemaker and the runner are wearing white home jerseys because in 1948 Bierman switched from gold, which he adopted in the '30s, to white, because - the story goes, sometimes attributed to Sid - the Big Ten thought the mustard gold jerseys hid the ball, which was unfair to other teams. So, like LSU, the road uni became the home uni, though occasionally Bierman ordered up maroon jerseys, which Coach Fesler made standard.
The good old 1 pm starts were perfect, with Julian Perlt providing occasional score updates from around the Big Ten, which was good enough for us.

Now TV rules the roost.

The good old 1 pm starts were perfect, with Julian Perlt providing occasional score updates from around the Big Ten, which was good enough for us.

Now TV rules the roost.
Mrs. Spermophilus’ grandparents homesteaded land in the Dakotas. They actually lived in a sod house initially which was “good enough for them” at that time.

Given the truckloads of cash that TV provides the entire athletic program, the several 11:00 kicks each fall should (especially after all these years) be a non-issue.

Who didn’t love Julie? But I’ll take timely scoreboard/video updates from many games, over hearing dated P.A. announced B1G scores or the fortunes of Slippery Rock.

In “the good old days” argument, the operative and dominant word is almost universally - re: any topic - “old”.

Mrs. Spermophilus’ grandparents homesteaded land in the Dakotas. They actually lived in a sod house initially which was “good enough for them” at that time.

Given the truckloads of cash that TV provides the entire athletic program, the several 11:00 kicks each fall should (especially after all these years) be a non-issue.

Who didn’t love Julie? But I’ll take timely scoreboard/video updates from many games, over hearing dated P.A. announced B1G scores or the fortunes of Slippery Rock.

In “the good old days” argument, the operative and dominant word is almost universally - re: any topic - “old”.
;) .... No disagreement. I do not miss walking uphill in the snow 1 1/2 miles to school...

this is what is posted on the conference website. Army-Wisconsin confirmed on WI team website.
So, as of now, the Gopher game is the only game with no start time listed.
Have to think it will either be a 2:30 or a 7:00pm game.

SATURDAY, OCT. 16
MICHIGAN STATE at INDIANA (HC) 11am
RUTGERS at NORTHWESTERN (HC) 11am
PURDUE at IOWA (HC) 2:30 p.m.
NEBRASKA at MINNESOTA
Army at WISCONSIN 7:00pm

I'm gonna bet 2:30 and would love it if true.

I'm gonna bet 2:30 and would love it if true.
That’s logical. Only way it isn’t is if the conference is contracted for 3 11am games

espn
ESPN 2
FS1

or something

You're perfectly welcome to show up at 1 pm. Nobody's stopping you.

this is what is posted on the conference website. Army-Wisconsin confirmed on WI team website.
So, as of now, the Gopher game is the only game with no start time listed.
Have to think it will either be a 2:30 or a 7:00pm game.

SATURDAY, OCT. 16
MICHIGAN STATE at INDIANA (HC) 11am
RUTGERS at NORTHWESTERN (HC) 11am
PURDUE at IOWA (HC) 2:30 p.m.
NEBRASKA at MINNESOTA
Army at WISCONSIN 7:00pm
Nice. That's got 2:30 FS1 written all over it. Iowa winning this weekend would cement that as they'd almost certainly be the ABC game at that time.

Anyone know what time they will announce it? I believe it should be today...

The thread title says Noon, that's Noon ET. Not sure why we'd report ET...it's 11am local.

Go Gophers!!

That's a lame duck of a Big Ten weekend. No OSU, Michigan, Penn State (or Illinois and Maryland) Looks like the Big Noon Kickoff crew might be getting the weekend home with family.

I think the "plan accordingly" for many might be some late season golf, leaf raking, or pumpkin picking

That's a lame duck of a Big Ten weekend. No OSU, Michigan, Penn State (or Illinois and Maryland) Looks like the Big Noon Kickoff crew might be getting the weekend home with family.

I think the "plan accordingly" for many might be some late season golf, leaf raking, or pumpkin picking
Yeah. I think that the big ten moved some conference games early for better September content, but this is an October consequence of having 4 teams on byes every week.
Honestly it is odd, only one conference game on Big Ten Network in mid October

Because big ten network runs on eastern time zone

East Division Bias. They broadcast from Chicago on Central Time, and the conference offices are also here.

Top Bottom