Nebraska football is the guy …

Sum the zeal of Minnesota fans of the Twins, Vikings, Wild, Timberwolves, Gopher hockey, HS hockey, and their cabins upNorth. Nebraska fans have none of those attractions that distract from their Huskers. This may help you understand their loyalty.

I was at a bar the night before the 34-7 win over Neb. In 2019. I was talking to a couple of Husker fans. Everything was cool until our predictions came up. I of course said a big Gopher victory is almost a given. Both were incredulous and laughed. They couldn't believe Gopher fans were so high on PJ and the future of the program. I wondered if they had paid any attention to college football the last ten years. Anyways, I bet they have changed their tunes by now. Or have they?

Last edited:

I was at a bar the night before the 34-7 win over Neb. In 2019. I was talking to a couple of Husker fans. Everything was cool until our predictions came up. I of course said a big Gopher victory is almost a given. Both were incredulous and laughed. They couldn't believe Gopher fans were so high on PJ and the future of the program. I wondered if they had payed any attention to college football the last ten years. Anyways, I bet they have changed their tunes by now. Or have they?
The Sparty game this year was similar to that one. Really wanted shutouts in both.

Nebraska football is the drunk guy, at the end of the bar, who rambles on and on and on about how great his high school football team was 30 years ago.s was
Nebraska football is the drunk guy, at the end of the bar, who rambles on and on and on about how great his high school football team was 30 years ago.
Gopher basketball fans

Top Bottom