Nebraska Fans Count

akgopher

Reaction score
Granted I was on the visitor's side, but I think I counted 6 Gopher Fans in my aisle and about the same in those immediately above and in-front of me in 208. The student section was a bust too. The Husker faithful around me chuckled at how many of them were there and how they were louder too, at our homecoming game. They also took note on how poor our student section looked. Move the B10 campus to Duluth!! I'm going with Nebraska having 50% of the crowd.

I would agree that it could have been 2/3 red. I was amazing all the red that was walking around the stadium. Good for them. Hope we can get to that level of play and fan following someday.

Yes, let's move the campus to Duluth! So much to recruit to there! And moving it will help so much in student attendance! The student section actually looked decently full on tv.

A lot. And each and every one I encountered was well-behaved, classy and respectful. Granted, I'm sure there are a bunch of a-holes, but I didn't see any today. The ones I talked to had nothig but good things to say about the stadium. If the Gophers win 5 Rose Bowls in a row, I don't think they'll ever have a fanbase like NU. They're all in on the Husker Football team. They don't put their energy into anything else. It's like NDSU, Green Bay, the Sacramento Kings, etc.

We were lucky and didn't have a lot of red around us, but I would guess it was at least 50/50. Probably leaning more towards 2/3 Nebraska. Actually was shocked that they weren't a bigger factor in the game. Probably has more to do with how pathetic we are.

However, it's a sad state of affairs to see so many "fans" selling their tickets. Way too much red in the big money seats.

I know I sold 4 tickets to fans from Lincoln. Was happy enough to get someone who was going to enjoy the game to pay for the seats. Now to get some money on the Sconnie and Iowa tickets...

We were lucky and didn't have a lot of red around us, but I would guess it was at least 50/50. Probably leaning more towards 2/3 Nebraska. Actually was shocked that they weren't a bigger factor in the game. Probably has more to do with how pathetic we are.

However, it's a sad state of affairs to see so many "fans" selling their tickets. Way too much red in the big money seats.

That is the Minnesota way. When Minnesota teams are under performing Minnesotans will sell off their tickets for virtually any sport. They don't care if they are a bunch of bandwagon fans.

Good for the MN economy - lots of tourism $$$$ !
:p

I'd say it was 55% gophers at kickoff.
40% gophers at halftime.
25% gophers at end of 3.
15% gophers at the end of the game.

The crowd was at least 50-50

There were more than 25,000 Husker fans at the game, I would bet it was 30,000. I know this the season ticket holders to my left and my right
all sold there tickets to Husker fans, my row was 3 Gopher fans and the rest husker fans and they were Husker fans in front of us because
brokers or scalpers own those 4 tickets(new people every game).

There were more than 25,000 Husker fans at the game, I would bet it was 30,000. I know this the season ticket holders to my left and my right
all sold there tickets to Husker fans, my row was 3 Gopher fans and the rest husker fans and they were Husker fans in front of us because
brokers or scalpers own those 4 tickets(new people every game).

What is it going to look like next year when brokers/scalpers don't buy the packages because the schedule won't allow for a profit?

Thank you to all of the Gopher "fans" who sold their tickets to Husker fans. Good job being...ya know, a good fan.

Maybe I wasn't looking close enough but my estimate at the game was about 1/3 red. Around 15,000.

This thread title confused me because I'm sure most Nebraska fans don't know how to count.

I'd say it was 55% gophers at kickoff.
40% gophers at halftime.
25% gophers at end of 3.
15% gophers at the end of the game.

I'd agree with this, I legitimately think it there were more mn fans than nebraska by a small amount. Road fans always stand out more.

What is it going to look like next year when brokers/scalpers don't buy the packages because the schedule won't allow for a profit?

There's going to be crowds of less than 40,000 next year, unless they use some of the same creative math that they used to employ to inflate the attendance figures at the dome.

Not only were the stands bleeding Red yesterday, but the suites looked awfully Red also.

Maybe I wasn't looking close enough but my estimate at the game was about 1/3 red. Around 15,000.

You must be using some fuzzy math. They easily accounted for 40 to 50 percent of the stadium. Counting the empty yellow painted seats as
Gopher fans doesn't count. They for the most part took over the stadium like they do at many stadiums. I was suprised at how many were in the tailgate lots right by the stadium. Heck, Tommie Frazier was tailgating right next to me.

That is the Minnesota way. When Minnesota teams are under performing Minnesotans will sell off their tickets for virtually any sport. They don't care if they are a bunch of bandwagon fans.

That's not a bad thing.

That's not a bad thing.

Your right, that's not a bad thing...but don't bother trying to tell me then that you are a real sports fan either. A REAL home town sports fan would NEVER sell their tickets to the opposition, and follows their teams through both thick and thin. I'm just sayin!

You must be using some fuzzy math. We easily accounted for 40 to 50 percent of the stadium. Counting the empty yellow painted seats as
Gopher fans doesn't count. We for the most part took over the stadium like we do at many stadiums. I was suprised at how many of us were in the tailgate lots right by the stadium. Heck, Tommie Frazier was tailgating right next to me.

Fixed it for you :p

I was surprised at the number of "red" between the 30-50 yard line. If these clowns can pay fro the premium seats I'm sure they've the dough to take a hit by not selling them. Total d-bags if you ask me.

Your right, that's not a bad thing...but don't bother trying to tell me then that you are a real sports fan either. A REAL home town sports fan would NEVER sell their tickets to the opposition, and follows their teams through both thick and thin. I'm just sayin!

I don't equate being 'real' with being a dupe.

I was in my seat this Saturday, but I don't blame those who sold their seats in the least.

I don't equate being 'real' with being a dupe.

I was in my seat this Saturday, but I don't blame those who sold their seats in the least.

I do. I know it doesn't matter to those who sold their tickets, but they should know better. Those people aren't very good Gopher fans-period.

I know I sold 4 tickets to fans from Lincoln. Was happy enough to get someone who was going to enjoy the game to pay for the seats. Now to get some money on the Sconnie and Iowa tickets...

What a great fan you are! Why don't you give up your tickets and move to lincoln, madison or idiot city?

We can thank the two most obnoxious fans on the planet this weekend.

I'm sure GB and Nebraska brought more than 2 fans this weekend.

But to be fair, UNL has awesome fans. If you honestly feel that they are the most obnoxious fanbases on the planet, then you need to serious check your ass into a psych ward. There are FAR more obnoxious fanbases than Nebraska's. Just because they have a solid team and have a great following doesn't make them obnoxious.

Top Bottom