Neal: Rush of roster building over, Fleck rushes into bowl game mode

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Neal:

Now game time is near.

"It's unique, you know," Fleck said. "Some practices you are there, some practices you are not. We've talked about it being a player-led team. This team is a completely different team than at the end of the year, from the top to the bottom of the roster. We don't have a scout team."

Fleck looked sharp in a sport coat and tie on Wednesday as he talked about his latest recruiting class and looked ahead to the Quick Lane Bowl. He spoke about meeting recruits' parents, the food he ate, the to-go plates he was given and the diverse backgrounds of his new players. He indicated that the NIL situation is much better than a year ago — which must be a relief since he went public in September with pleas for donations.

He took the time to unleash another Fleck-ism, "If you're juiceless, you're useless," while expressing excitement about what's being promoted as his best recruiting class since he arrived in 2017. Then he spoke about facing Bowling Green, a program that beat the Gophers 14-10 in Minnesota in 2021, and how tricky its offense can be to stop.

Finally, we can focus on the game.

At first, it seemed that the 5-7 Gophers didn't deserve to go to a bowl game after underachieving. But now that the portal Olympics have ended, I can't wait to watch it.

Go Gophers!!

"If you're juiceless, you're useless"

I love me some PJ but he needs to retire this one ASAP, that's suuuuper cringey.

Top Bottom