NDSU in Summit League Championship Game

Dr.Don

Reaction score
Another team the Gophers beat this year is playing for a Big Dance spot. NDSU won tonight against So. Utah 79-67. Gophers need NDSU to win Tuesday night's Championship game on ESPN2 versus winner of SoDakState and Oakland coming up later tonight.

I am watching it here at home.

I can't believe NDSU winning or losing will have much of an impact on us, espcially when they are beating teams from that horrible conference, there RPI won't move much. I don't think the committee's opinion of us will change much if NDSU makes it or not. I don't really care although I'm sure the usually NDSU crowd will come over here and let us know how great they are if they do win so i guess I'm hoping they lose so we can save ourselves the headache. NDSU better enjoy it because it will be awhile before they are back in this position.

I never said that, all I said was that NDSU is on the brink of the Big Dance, and the Gophers beat them. But if someone says "Go Gonzaga", everyone cheers for Gonzaga.

I can't believe NDSU winning or losing will have much of an impact on us, espcially when they are beating teams from that horrible conference, there RPI won't move much. I don't think the committee's opinion of us will change much if NDSU makes it or not. I don't really care although I'm sure the usually NDSU crowd will come over here and let us know how great they are if they do win so i guess I'm hoping they lose so we can save ourselves the headache. NDSU better enjoy it because it will be awhile before they are back in this position.

Gophers must W at least 1 game in B10T, and 2 W even better.

The painful L to Mich puts them ahead of Gophers in NCAA's eyes.

Beating 3 conference champions can't hurt the Gophers in any way. If they beat NW they are a lock barring some upsets in other conferences.

Bring on the NDSU fans, I don't think local hotel and restaurant owners will mind taking money from them. If the NCAA really does try and send teams to the closest location NDSU fans will show up, more so than if they went to Greensbro or Portland.

We're not all classless like lakesbison, a lot of people in Fargo would love to see Minnesota make it to the dance. Our RPI could jump 7-10 spots with a win, it would be in the 80s for sure.

I, personally, don't get some of the Bison hate on here. To me, I really hope they win. NDSU plays hard, they have a bunch of Minnesota kids who, with he exception of Woodside, got virtually zero attention from the Gophers. They are on the verge of getting into the NCAA tournament in their first year of eligibility.

To me, that's a cool story.

And back in the day when NDSU was in the NCC, there was little question that the Gophers were the No. 1 Division I team in Fargo-Moorhead.

I root for schools like NDSU and Northern Iowa. Clearly not every Minnesota kid can play for the Gophers. I root for the teams that have a bunch of the next level of MN players.

Go Bison.

I agree with anonymous. NDSU and its fan base should not be judged on the basis of a bad apple or two.

I don't think there's much "hate" of the Bison teams per se ... but there is disdain for a handful of Bison fans who have trolled for reactions (largely in the Football forum) over the past few years. They've been akin to the dinner guests who overstay their welcome.

Gonzaga stinks and have historically done nothing in the dance since the Gophers let them win that game in 98. George Mason and teams like Davidson are much more easier to root for and had a better run than Gonzaga.

Gonzaga stinks and have historically done nothing in the dance since the Gophers let them win that game in 98. George Mason and teams like Davidson are much more easier to root for and had a better run than Gonzaga.

dynamite drop in...

the issue rooting for gonzaga is not what they have done in the tourney, but their opponent, st mary's, is also on the bubble and the zags taking care of them helps all the other bubble teams (including us).

I don't get the sense we hate NDSU. They're a bit like our annoying little brother.

I don't think there's much "hate" of the Bison teams per se ... but there is disdain for a handful of Bison fans who have trolled for reactions (largely in the Football forum) over the past few years. They've been akin to the dinner guests who overstay their welcome.

It often follows a pattern: Bison fan comes here, talks some smack, gets some smack back, and then runs off to report on how mean we are. Some of them seem to feed in getting us to pay attention to them, in whatever way they can.

But it's funny to see some of them riled up. I remember when, in response to smack from a Bison fan, some posters here called them the "NDSU Sioux". That got them outraged. The funny thing is, over on their board, they often spell Gophers with more than one "o". Turnabout is fair play. After the basketball game in 2007, their board got a Gopher smack talker. Apparently, the victor talking smack on your board for a couple days after a win is an outrage - when NDSU loses, that is. When they win, a couple years is OK.

And I love that many of them were outraged that we made fun of the state of North Dakota. We were kind and gentle compared with what Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin fans say about each other's state.

There are a good number of posters on the Bison board who root for the Gophers if they aren't playing the Bison. But there are plenty of others for who have got to talk smack all year round. That's fine, they can do what they want on their board. But you can't do that and expect to build up any sort of good will between the two schools.

Agree with Anonymous. I think NDSU playing at the Dome in its first year of eligibility for the NCAA would be a great story. The Bison, along with Kansas and Michigan State, are the 3 teams I most want to see bracketed for the Metrodome. Would love to see Ben Woodside play again. The guy's got serious game, and I'd like to see him get a shot on a true national stage.

We don't hate NDSU....a majority of us just don't give a damn.

Having lived on SD, in general, I root for NDSU and SDSU to do well in thier new venture. Less so for USD and UND who I think made a mistake trying to keep up with the Joneses and ruined what was left of the NCC. I'm also no fan of the resulting bloated Northern Sun Conference that my alma mater Northern State has to wade through.

NDSU is coached by the Saul Phillips who has a great pedigree from Reedsburg...it's no wonder they are as successful now that he's at the helm.

If they make it to The Dance, he'd be wise to try to leverage this for a bigger new HC job as the stars have aligned well for him with such an experienced team.

Go Beavers!!

SS...tonight is your chance.

"Would love to see Ben Woodside play again. The guy's got serious game, and I'd like to see him get a shot on a true national stage. "

Summit League Championship Game...NDSU versus Oakland is going to be nationally televised tonight at 7 pm Central time on ESPN2.

Because we have a darned blizzard up here right now into Wednesday, I am just going to have to sit home and watch and enjoy some Miller Lites. Notice I am in the plural. LOL

My geography is a little tough, North Dakota is a suburb of St. Cloud right? Central lakes conference??

The reason it is always so windy up here is because Iowa SUCKS and Montana BLOWS!!!!!!

Top Bottom