NCAA Tournament Thoughts

stocker08

Reaction score
So far through the West division. Gonzaga looks to have a pretty easy jaunt to the Final Four, imo. Iowa doesn't look like a number two. I guess a repeat of an early season matchup between Gonzaga and Kansas could be fun. Kansas definitely looked a little shakier early on.

And Muss might be by Sunday or even Friday.

Happy to see Wisconsin get a tough draw. UNC has played well recently, and even if they win that, have fun with Baylor.

Only so many times for a fan to see a team
In the tourney and we gave pits 8yrs.

Wow.....they completely loaded the top-half of the Midwest. Illinois is the number 1 seed. But Oklahoma State is the #4. Also have ACC Champ Georgia Tech and Pac-12 Champ Oregon State in there. Seems like a really lopsided region.

Wow.....they completely loaded the top-half of the Midwest. Illinois is the number 1 seed. But Oklahoma State is the #4. Also have ACC Champ Georgia Tech and Pac-12 Champ Oregon State in there. Seems like a really lopsided region.
Oregon State isn't good. They got hot for 4 days. GT is no better than Wisconsin or Rutgers. Again a hot stretch + COVID won them a title. OK State will be a tough out though.

Oregon State isn't good. They got hot for 4 days. GT is no better than Wisconsin or Rutgers. Again a hot stretch + COVID won them a title. OK State will be a tough out though.

Getting hot at the right time isn't something to sneeze at. There's no reason to stick three tournament champions all in one half of one region. Zero.

Getting hot at the right time isn't something to sneeze at. There's no reason to stick three tournament champions all in one half of one region. Zero.
Perhaps but I'd much rather play Oregon State than Georgetown, Michigan State or UCLA.

Love how there were 9 B1G teams this season, yet no potential 2nd Rd matchups, yet a couple of years ago we had to matchup against Michigan St.

That's how it's supposed to be. Teams from the same conference shouldn't need to be playing each other in the second round. That was just a committee fuck up.

Perhaps but I'd much rather play Oregon State than Georgetown.

I would too. The Pac-12 is weak. But Georgetown is another tourney winner. Could have split them up.

That's how it's supposed to be. Teams from the same conference shouldn't need to be playing each other in the second round. That was just a committee fuck up.
I know, just pointing out the irony that of course it happened to Minnesota with less B1G teams in the field.

5/12 upset - Winthrop beats Villanova. Obviously Nova not the same without Gillespie.

Imagine the board will be watching Cleveland St vs Houston with much interest.

Missouri Valley Conf and WAC (the way I'm counting anyways) both get two teams into the dance.

5/12 upset - Winthrop beats Villanova. Obviously Nova not the same without Gillespie.

Imagine the board will be watching Cleveland St vs Houston with much interest.
A second-round match-up of Utah State vs Ark will be interesting to watch as well.

Full Speed Ahead said:
Missouri Valley Conf and WAC (the way I'm counting anyways) both get two teams into the dance.

The WAC got a second team? And Drake deserved to make it. Glad that the MVC got two.
The way I'm counting it: Grand Canyon and Abilene Christian. AC has played their last game in the Southland Conference and they're moving to the WAC. Drake got a bad draw in that they need time for Hemphill to get healthy.

They year MSU played Minnesota, it was because we hadn't played them... two or three times. I guess that's the rule.

Regardless, there should be no reason for in-conference matchups round two. Could have flipped us with any of the other similar seeded teams.

Top Bottom