NCAA - The Replacement Team Policy

Having the NIT during a pandemic is pretty silly.

Fill-in Teams, that is awesome! Does that mean if Gonzaga gets to the Elite Eight, a stand -by team may get to jump in when they come down with the COVID?

This is just the opportunity Pitino has been waiting for! He has been coaching us for this position all along!

Crazy like a fox he is!

So will replacement teams go the NIT or just sit and wait?

Fill-in Teams, that is awesome! Does that mean if Gonzaga gets to the Elite Eight, a stand -by team may get to jump in when they come down with the COVID?

This is just the opportunity Pitino has been waiting for! He has been coaching us for this position all along!

Crazy like a fox he is!
I would imagine the replacement teams will only be for the 1st round. Doing it after that would be ridiculous. Hey, Minnesota, jump in and play in the Elite 8!

that was in there yes, once the tournament starts then its locked. From the way i read it they set the bracket on sunday, if say on Tuesday the 6 seed goes out, the top "on call" team gets that spot, they said they were not changing the bracket. And then when the first game tips on Thursday its locked so if friday morning a team goes out, the team against them just gets a bye. Again thats how i interpreted it. Could be wrong but thats what i got. Could be a hot mess, wait until some 16 seed gets 2 byes haha

Oh man, let's get in the tourney and pray for COVID...can't take a banner if you make the final 4 playing 1 game can they?

that was in there yes, once the tournament starts then its locked. From the way i read it they set the bracket on sunday, if say on Tuesday the 6 seed goes out, the top "on call" team gets that spot, they said they were not changing the bracket. And then when the first game tips on Thursday its locked so if friday morning a team goes out, the team against them just gets a bye. Again thats how i interpreted it. Could be wrong but thats what i got. Could be a hot mess, wait until some 16 seed gets 2 byes haha
The not changing the seeds is odd. So Gonzaga does out, MN is a #1 seed. Sweet!

Crazy like a fox he is!
Devious!

The last four teams not selected as at large teams for the original field will be designated as replacement teams. The replacement team will be placed in the bracket in the position left vacant by the withdrawing team.

I mean its weird but at some point its the only way, if say Gonzaga goes out you then would have to shuffle every single game. And since the AQ conf get to replace with another school in their conference it wont be like a UNC/MINN/Duke type team would get put in if a 16 seed fell out.

I would imagine the replacement teams will only be for the 1st round. Doing it after that would be ridiculous. Hey, Minnesota, jump in and play in the Elite 8!

Bullshit. Imagine the elite 8 banner unveiling next season!!!

Means that only 1 team will have scouted a team other than the one they are going to play, instead of 64 teams.

Top Bottom