NCAA stats that are disturbing

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Defense against the pass: Nebraska 128 of 128 teams. Defense against the run: Purdue 111 of 128 teams.

The teams we have beat so far have a combined record of 12-16:

3-4 CSU
3-4 Kent State
5-2 O-hi-o
1-6 Purdue

Gotta hope for wins against Illinois and Wisconsin. Will be interesting to see how the team responds and what happens with the injuries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotta hope for wins against Illinois and Wisconsin. Will be interesting to see how the team responds and what happens with the injuries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have the same expectation (although can't control an irrational hope Gophers will give Michigan a game).

The teams we have beat so far have a combined record of 12-16:

3-4 CSU
3-4 Kent State
5-2 O-hi-o
1-6 Purdue

A further amplification of your point:

The average Sagarin ranking of opponents in our four victories is 112.5 (median = 104.5). The best is #89 Colorado State. Sagarin rankings do include FCS schools.

The average Sagarin ranking of our remaining five opponents is 22.2 (median = 14). The lowest are #61 Illinois and #19 Wisconsin. As a frame of reference, Nebraska is #46 and Northwestern is #40.

So, in order to become bowl eligible, we will have to beat one opponent who is ranked significantly higher than the opponent of our best victory and one that is ranked significantly higher than two opponents who crushed us.
Obviously, in order to have any chance of winning two remaining games, this team is going to have to come out of the break playing at a much higher level than it did during the first seven games.

Top Bottom