NCAA stat: Gophers 126 of 127 teams in scoring offense

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
112th in total offense. Houston, there's a problem: averaging 15.4 points a game (defense is 37th in scoring defense at 20.2 pts/game).

Not sure I get what that $209k raise got us

We are now ranked #74 in the Sagarin ratings with only Maryland, Rutgers, and Purdue below us. Too bad we play only one of those teams. At this point, we are probably favored in no more than one or two games for the rest of the year.

awesome-- never thought the Mason years would be the glory years however his offenses were somewhat fun to watch

Meanwhile, those that called for a change at QB know nothing about football and will learn their lessons when Croft starts against Purdue.

Meanwhile, those that called for a change at QB know nothing about football and will learn their lessons when Croft starts against Purdue.

Need to learn what we have regardless, this year isn't the concern it's next year and the year after. The person buying the groceries needs to see if he has to hunt for another QB. With performances like Kent State and less so NW it's time to turn to development and the future. Fretting over an additional loss or two this season would be foolish and shortsighted.

5 games in, 5 games in. 3-2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are absolutely right, we are 3-2....and if you can sit there and think that "all is well" based on what you have seen on the field so far this year then more power to you.

112th in total offense. Houston, there's a problem: averaging 15.4 points a game (defense is 37th in scoring defense at 20.2 pts/game).

Guys, everything is going to be just fine!....Ol' Limey is just playing possum until the conference schedule hits, THEN he will unleash his offense!....errrrr

Need to learn what we have regardless, this year isn't the concern it's next year and the year after. The person buying the groceries needs to see if he has to hunt for another QB. With performances like Kent State and less so NW it's time to turn to development and the future. Fretting over an additional loss or two this season would be foolish and shortsighted.

Sorry GG- the dripping sarcasm in my previous post was not as evident as when I typed it. After Kill basically talked down to the fan base- he did exactly what most of the 'nonfootball minds' have been begging for since the first half of Kent State. Rather than kicking Croft's tires and driving him around the block during the 2nd half of Kent State- a game in which our defense was dominating- we burn his redshirt in mop up duty against Northwestern. I still am a Kill believer- but this could not have been handled much worse and we now know our Coach has a stubborn streak that may be willing to sacrifice games rather than change course.

Croft may not be ready and he may fail. Or he may be great. When you are 2nd to last in scoring offense we can only go down 1 spot- there is absolutely nothing to lose.

Top Bottom