NCAA Introduces Build Your Own Bowl Game!

Maybe this will help curtail bowl games in the future. Honestly, 80-90% of bowl games should be eliminated.

Why?

Why is a bowl game inherently worse than a schedule another game? Or don’t play again?

what’s the downside of the bowl games?

And the reply you receive to these questions, assuming you receive a reply, should be interesting.

I would think it would be along the lines of "everybody gets a trophy", "games don't "mean" anything",
over-saturation, etc.

All I can say is: if you're a college football fan like me, it's a loooooooooong offseason... and it's even longer when my team doesn't play in a bowl game.

Last edited:

And the reply you receive to these questions, assuming you receive a reply, should be interesting.

I would think it would be along the lines of "everybody gets a trophy", "games don't "mean" anything",
over-saturation, etc.

All I can say is: if you're a college football fan like me, it's a loooooooooong offseason... and it's even longer when my team doesn't play in a bowl game.
The everybody gets a trophy thing is a stupid argument.
If you think our society is going downhill because Louisiana tech is going to get a bad boy mowers trophy....lol

there are other reasons our society is falling apart

Oversaturation is an argument. But clearly, pre-pandemic there wasn’t. As networks and sponsors were still paying money To play the games. If they oversaturated the market, that’s fine. The bowl games will disappear in the long run anyways if that is the case.

To the games don’t mean anything crowd, none of the games mean anything. None. Sports is not important in the grand scheme of thing. So if you’re looking for meaning, we should cancel all sports.

I don’t think I will receive a response

He hates warm weather, an excuse to travel, and money from sponsors.

That guy:

514k7O6n75L._AC_.jpg

The too many bowl games argument is usually coming from:

1. Someone who just wants to complain about things. (These people should examine what part of their life they really hate. The REAL issue, probably isn't Bowl Games. (or college football for that matter).

2. Someone who fancies themselves as a purist. "When I grew up... there were only 6 bowl games!"
The bowl game expansion started in 1986 and has continued steadily since. If you're a purist, you should have been done arguing that point around 2000 when the total number had essentially doubled from the "purest" number.

Top Bottom