NBA Champion Ryan Saunders. SkiUMah to the former Gophers guard and coach.

Is it just a matter of time before he lands another head coaching job in the NBA? (He just seemed way in over his head during his time as head coach of the T Wolves)

Your thoughts, GopherHolers.

Good for him since he seems like a genuinely good person. Not too sure about another head job though he certainly has some connections and the Denver ones won't hurt. It's just that there are a limited amount of those head jobs available and there has to be so many people out there vying for them.

Is it just a matter of time before he lands another head coaching job in the NBA? (He just seemed way in over his head during his time as head coach of the T Wolves)

He was in way over his head as an NBA coach. I think he could get another job at some point.

He is really well-liked in NBA circles and considered a hard worker, so I think it'll probably happen for him. For his sake, I hope it's somewhere he won't be under a spotlight like MN. That was a difficult place to be following his dad's legacy and replacing Thibs (on a team that didn't really get along or fit well together).

He seemed like a really good guy but I didn't think he was a very good coach. I wonder if we'll hear whispers of his name if things go south here?

He was in way over his head as an NBA coach. I think he could get another job at some point.

He is really well-liked in NBA circles and considered a hard worker, so I think it'll probably happen for him. For his sake, I hope it's somewhere he won't be under a spotlight like MN. That was a difficult place to be following his dad's legacy and replacing Thibs (on a team that didn't really get along or fit well together).

He seemed like a really good guy but I didn't think he was a very good coach. I wonder if we'll hear whispers of his name if things go south here?
Nope. If the layaway owners make the final payment they are all about flash and sizzle. That's not Ryan.

I'm not sure he gets another chance. A head coach in the NBA has to have presence. He (or she) has to command the room. That's not Ryan.

How would he be as a college head coach? Just thinking ahead.

I think it was more a case of him being handcuffed than being over his head. The GM and front office gave him zero help to win.

How would he be as a college head coach? Just thinking ahead.
GH says we didn't want him anyway, no college experience, just like Sam Mitchell. If we turned back the clock, hard to believe we'd be worse off right now with either.

Pretty much agree here. He's in the network and if and when his Minnesota experience gets far enough away in the rearview mirror, he may land another head coaching gig. It certainly isn't a given.

He inherited a mess in Minnesota, but he clearly wasn't ready to sit in the big chair and that's going to follow him around for a bit. I generally don't feel sorry for anyone involved in athletics unless it's a devastating injury or personal tragedy, but watching Saunders was painful for a lot of reasons. He was thrown to the lions in some sense.

Top Bottom