NBA & ABA Players Who Played For Minnesota

Two things I did not know before seeing this list:

1) I never knew that legendary Vikings coach Bud Grant played in the NBA; and
2) I didn't realize that Leo Rautins played for Minnesota prior to Syracuse.

I also confess that I never heard of the great Kleggie Hermsen who began his career with the Sheboygan Red Skins.

7 players in the last 21 years. And one of them (Mark Jones) I never heard of.

7 players in the last 21 years. And one of them (Mark Jones) I never heard of.

He played only one year for Minnesota before transferring to Central Florida. However, he did average 18.5 minutes per game over 32 games so he did play a lot while here.

Wierd. I remember every other player on that roster, but not him. Also, 6 guys who played in the NBA and we didn't make the tournament. The Selection Committee screwed us.

He was a talented juco shooting guard who could score. Bumped heads with Clem because he wasn't much for passing the ball. He transferred out and ended up at some low level school that became infamous for having a terrible record then making the tourney after a surprise run to a conference tourney championship.

Also, I remember he was one of the players who was having papers written for him.

Probably the best Minnesota High School player I can recall was Mark Oberding from Melrose. He played a year at UMN under Musselman and left with Musselman to play in the NBA for the then ABA San Antonio Spurs. (Oberding was better than McHale in high school.)

Top Bottom