Natty Championship Prediction Thread

Who you got?

• Total voters

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Go Huskies.

Since their OL is comparable to Michigan, I think that negates much of the Wolverines advantage.

Pennix throws for three TDs, wins MVP and leads the Vikings to a 5th SB loss within the next five years.

31 Huskies
14 Wolverines

No idea
But I would guess Washington

I’m taking Washington + 4.5.

I went with my heart and the Huskies. I think it will be a good game and really too close to call. In the conference Michigan beat Ohio State by 6, and Washington beat Oregon twice by 3. And both teams beat Michigan State, Washington by 34 and Michigan by 49.

The Washington offense looks flashy. However, how many defenses has this good Washington offensive line faced that have the defensive front line that Michigan has? The defensive front seven that Michigan has? The starting 11 defenders that Michigan has? The defensive depth that Michigan has at virtually all positions on that side of the ball?

The only way I see Michigan losing is if they have 2 turn overs more than Washington.

I'll say Michigan 34, Washington 24.

Welcome to the B1G Washington!

Michigan wins. I'm not pulling for Michigan.

Meatchicken wins, Harbaugh has his natty and leaves for the NFL (Raiders/Chargers).

I went with Washington, mostly based on the semi-final. If Penix, Jr., can repeat that performance, I don't see how they lose. Of course, Michigan's defense is far superior to Texas', but Washington just appears to play faster and as good as Michigan is, I see a bit of a speed deficit (only a bit). Reminds me of the classic Rose Bowl match-ups where it was Midwest Power against West Coast speed. It should be a good game. I think McCarthy is a bit underrated and this could be a chance for him to shine.

After witnessing the cat-mouse game at TCF...where in this case we were a different kind of rodent than gophers aka the mouse...decided to stick with Michigan from then on out.

Penix is quite the QB...and his receivers are legit...but I think Michigan is just bringing more to the table. What's contrary to this I guess is that their special teams are anything but "special" this year. Would be poetic if that unit shook off its issues and made the difference in the game for Michigan.

Go Blue! ...one last time...

Sagarin’s golden mean basically has this a pick ‘em and really, I wonder if all the analytics are more suspect than usual this year. One’s outlook probably depends on whether you’re more defense or offense-biased, and whether you believe (as I do) this was an exceptionally down year throughout college football including the SEC and Big Ten. Maybe distractions from NIL, agents, betting. Maybe practice rules. Maybe the players just aren’t as good, or the portal has killed depth.

Is it fair to say Washington hasn’t faced a defense like Michigan, and Michigan hasn’t faced an offense like Washington? Probably. Michael Penix has a ridiculously accurate arm on mid to deep throws and his receivers are really good, with Odunze a difference maker. OTOH, will Michigan blow up Washington’s protection like they did to AL? Doubtful but not inconceivable. Penix will also be much better/more composed versus pressure than the sorry AL QB. Milroe has one of if not the slowest delivery times in FBS and that offensive line was bad.

Throw out all the numbers for this one. Strength on strength, and the coaching cat and mouse tactics should be fun to watch. Individual players making plays, or not will swing it. Washington has dispatched Oregon (twice) and Texas who the analytics favored.

Washington 32
Michigan 31.

Last edited:

Top Bottom