National Championship game should be Florida St. vs Mich State

With Missouri and Texas A&M doing so well in their first couple of years, that must mean the Big 12 is better than most thought. I don't think Missouri got a lot better in the last two years.

Alabama lost to Auburn on a fluke on the road. Other than that they dominated all their games except the Texas A&M game. Auburn lost to LSU and got lucky 2 other games and didn't dominate the same teams (Ole miss, Miss st, LSU) that Alabama dominated. You put Alabama vs. Auburn on a neutral site and Alabama wins that game the majority of the time. Which means Alabama > Auburn.

I'll use this as an example to aid my opinion even though I know I'll take flack for using the NFL. Indianapolis beat Denver in Indianapolis this year. Are you saying they are a better team than the broncos? Come on man.

:confused::confused:

You seem to be skipping around. Shall we call you skippy?:cool02:

:confused::confused:

You seem to be skipping around. Shall we call you skippy?:cool02:

Is this my flack for using the NFL as an example? Its the best example I could come up with on the fly to prove the point of why in my opinion Alabama is still a better team than Auburn. Which is what you wanted me to answer correct? I'm joyously awaiting your rebuttal to my sound logic.

no problem, and for the record I read the article and agree with the points about the polls. It is all about perception. I would love to see an SEC team play Ohio State in cinncinati or play Wisconsin just down the road in Chicago - especially later in the year.

My only argument, is they might get set up to be in the game, but they still win the game.

Lets hope this year they don't.

With Missouri and Texas A&M doing so well in their first couple of years, that must mean the Big 12 is better than most thought. I don't think Missouri got a lot better in the last two years.

Kind of like how Nebraska kicked ass in the Big Ten?

Does Ohio State get a BCS bowl.

Will the B1G get two or does Ohio State drop out of the BCS completely.

Does Ohio State get a BCS bowl.

Will the B1G get two or does Ohio State drop out of the BCS completely.

I think the B1G will get 2 BCS bowls. Mich state goes to the Rose bowl, Ohio state goes to Sugar maybe?

Interesting to think about. Who would be the four times picked now if there was a four team playoff? How high is Michigan St. going to move up in the BCS? They should pass South Carolina, Oklahoma St., Missouri, and Ohio St. They have a shot to pass Baylor as well.

It shows why a playoff won't really solve anything and just makes the regular season less important.

Alabama lost to Auburn on a fluke on the road. Other than that they dominated all their games except the Texas A&M game. Auburn lost to LSU and got lucky 2 other games and didn't dominate the same teams (Ole miss, Miss st, LSU) that Alabama dominated. You put Alabama vs. Auburn on a neutral site and Alabama wins that game the majority of the time. Which means Alabama > Auburn.

I'll use this as an example to aid my opinion even though I know I'll take flack for using the NFL. Indianapolis beat Denver in Indianapolis this year. Are you saying they are a better team than the broncos? Come on man.

What you're failing to understand is that the most important thing is who actually wins the game.

shoulda woulda coulda.... guess what... its not fsu against st.... so why bring it up....

It shows why a playoff won't really solve anything and just makes the regular season less important.

A 4-team playoff doesn't at all in my opinion. As it stands now, a team can do everything within their power and still not get a chance to win a National Championship. That is ridiculous.

And with just 4 teams, one loss can still be the difference between getting in and not.

In the end, the BCS got it right in its final go round. Florida State and Auburn are the two teams that deserve to play for the title. And if Ohio State had beat Sparty, it still would have had it right with FSU vs. the Buckeyes.

A 4-team playoff doesn't at all in my opinion. As it stands now, a team can do everything within their power and still not get a chance to win a National Championship. That is ridiculous.

And with just 4 teams, one loss can still be the difference between getting in and not.

And how it's decided "who's in and who's out" will be exactly the same as it has always been. Net effect of the playoff on eliminating controversy = absolutely ZERO.

Sparty would almost certainly be left out of a 4-team playoff this year, and there is a lot of evidence they are the best team in the nation.

And how it's decided "who's in and who's out" will be exactly the same as it has always been. Net effect of the playoff on eliminating controversy = absolutely ZERO.

Sparty would almost certainly be left out of a 4-team playoff this year, and there is a lot of evidence they are the best team in the nation.

But at the very least you won't have a team who doesn't go undefeated not have a chance. At least with with four teams, it can be said that any team who is left out could have done more (lose less games).

You're always going to have controversy. There still is in college basketball.

Thanks for calling me a name then telling me to grow up and not call people names.

I didn't call you a troll. I said one could call you a Big Ten troll. You actually called someone a troll. You also happen to be whining more about the Big Ten and posting more about the Big Ten than anyone here regarding the SEC. The fact of the matter is Michigan St. does not clearly belong in the title game over Auburn or some other teams.

But enough of that. This whole debacle shows how badly a playoff is needed. A four team playoff won't be enough, but I suspect they know this. I would bet the college playoff gets expanded to 8 teams a few years after the playoff begins.

With the coming of the 4 team playoff, is there a limit of how many teams can come from one conference?...................and should there be?

a 4 team playoff does solve it, anymore then 4 would be way too much, like i have said before when was the last time a team outside of the top 3 had a legitimate argument to play for the title, sure there will be controversy that the 1st team left out is more deserving then the 4th team in but looking at the bigger picture it won't really matter since neither team will stand a chance at beating #1 or winning the playoff, to be honest this year it doesn't matter who plays FSU because FSU should beat whoever they play, the goal of the 4 team playoff is to determine a more accurate champion, a more accurate clear cut numero uno, #1, not to determine a more clear cut #3 and #4, and on a side note MSU would get in the playoff if it were this year, they are #4 in both new polls

a 4 team playoff does solve it, anymore then 4 would be way too much, like i have said before when was the last time a team outside of the top 3 had a legitimate argument to play for the title, sure there will be controversy that the 1st team left out is more deserving then the 4th team in but looking at the bigger picture it won't really matter since neither team will stand a chance at beating #1 or winning the playoff, to be honest this year it doesn't matter who plays FSU because FSU should beat whoever they play, the goal of the 4 team playoff is to determine a more accurate champion, a more accurate clear cut numero uno, #1, not to determine a more clear cut #3 and #4, and on a side note MSU would get in the playoff if it were this year, they are #4 in both new polls

I'll guarantee you there will be a #3 or #4 team win it, and yes a team lower than that when it expands to 8 teams.

BTW that was a really long sentence you had.

Top Bottom