Name a coach you would’ve been MORE disappointed with

I'm so disappointed with this fan meltdown that I don't have any energy to be disappointed with the hire.

This is embarrassing. The meltdown, the fan response, the misdirected hostility, this board, and this thread.
This thread? This thread is meant to be a catharsis and light hearted.

If you think threads like this are embarrassing the internet may not be the place for you.

I'm so disappointed with this fan meltdown that I don't have any energy to be disappointed with the hire.

This is embarrassing. The meltdown, the fan response, the misdirected hostility, this board, and this thread.
Obey, consume. Did you review a single game thread from this year or any year? Pretty standard response from GH in terms of emotion. I would be more concerned with the state of the program if people didnt react stongly. People constantly ripping Pitino for his record/coaching which was deserved, but now expecting only positivity? This board would be lame af if posters didn't have strong opinions.

Calm down. We’ll all return to equilibrium soon enough. As I wrote elsewhere , we need to vent then it will be done. You can’t tell unhappy people to just be happy . It doesn’t work. As torqued off as the board is, I noticed only utmost respect for Ben. That is helpful. The rage is toward an administration who cares so little about the base of support that he would poke us in the eye with a completely unproven coach.

I will second Tim Miles and Ryan Saunders. I am only including the names that were thrown around by the media.

I think Ben Jacobsen would have been a little disappointing. He has done pretty well at Northern Iowa, but I was real concerned if that could translate to the Big Ten.

Calm down. We’ll all return to equilibrium soon enough. As I wrote elsewhere , we need to vent then it will be done. You can’t tell unhappy people to just be happy . It doesn’t work. As torqued off as the board is, I noticed only utmost respect for Ben. That is helpful. The rage is toward an administration who cares so little about the base of support that he would poke us in the eye with a completely unproven coach.
I'm very calm. But I can't believe I'm the only person here smart enough to see how the fan response plays with the new coach, his family and friends, and the players.

But I'm not embarrassed for myself, so don't worry about me.

Obey, consume. Did you review a single game thread from this year or any year? Pretty standard response from GH in terms of emotion. I would be more concerned with the state of the program if people didnt react stongly. People constantly ripping Pitino for his record/coaching which was deserved, but now expecting only positivity? This board would be lame af if posters didn't have strong opinions.
This. From the miscalculation thread, Coyle assumes we'll be good consumers and put on a happy face and sustain ourselves on hope and hope alone. That we'll send in our four figures of money as commanded and show up in November with big smiles on our faces whistling Dixie out of our assholes.

Outside of saunders and miles, wouldve preferred any of the other speculated names.

I'm very calm. But I can't believe I'm the only person here smart enough to see how the fan response plays with the new coach, his family and friends, and the players.

People who voluntarily enter the public realm have to expect push back. Again the rage isn’t against Ben. It’s against Coyle. I that’s a big difference.

If Coyle and Johnson thought this hire wouldn’t be met with skepticism they would have been fooling themselves. They knew exactly what they were getting into.

This thread? This thread is meant to be a catharsis and light hearted.

If you think threads like this are embarrassing the internet may not be the place for you.

Who normalized the internet as being a place where you can be a total jackass under the cloak of anonymity?

Who normalized the internet as being a place where you can be a total jackass under the cloak of anonymity?
Am I being a jackass for saying I’d rather have Ben Johnson than Saul Smith? My bad

In answer to your question. The people who normalized being able to anonymously communicate could likely be credited to Ward Christensen and Randy Zeus. But even before that there were probably people in ancient Egypt who would anonymously try to send messages to others.

If the new coach wants to quit because I don’t want Saul Smith to be our coach, he doesn’t have a chance at success anyways.

Top Bottom