Myron Uses Our Good Week As Opportunity to **** On The U - Again

At first this story didn't bother me much but after thinking about it I started to get angry. Not only with the "national perspective" from Myron that somehow needed to include our football teams struggling offense but also with the lack of attention from the media here at home. When Pitino got a raise that "launched" him into the bottom third salary wise in the Big Ten the coverage was nonstop. Every radio show had to take their shot. When rumors swirled that our coach could be headed elsewhere the shots continued, even after Pitino came out and said he's not going anywhere. Now I'm not saying Richard isn't without some blame but on a day where we moved up, on at least one site, into the top 10 recruiting classes in the country I didn't hear one mention of it on the radio or TV. Even the Stribs men's BB beat writer didn't mention it on Twitter until an hour and a half after Curry's announcement. I'm guessing it was either lack of knowledge of the situation or it wasn't important enough to get out of bed to cover. I guess it is true that if the news isn't negative it isn't worth much attention. Maybe I'm totally off base but when the contract negotiations of the Vikings mascot get 100X more run than Pitino's big week there's something wrong. Go Gophers!!

Perhaps Myron gets paid by the word and the history lesson is Myron’s method of extending his stories. Imagine if he applied it to other universities:

“Top 20 prospect King Cotton, today, verballed the University of Memphis bringing a much needed respite to a school so beset by decades of scandal that it changed its name. From federal felon, Dana Kirk, to Derrick Rose puppeteer, John Calipari, Memphis has left a stinking trail of vacated seasons. Though, to be fair, the misdeeds at the University of Memphis not only are predated by and pale in comparison to those at the University of Minnesota, the Tigers have better music. [yes he could even work in a gratuitous Gopher shot].”

Imagine the space he could get out Kentucky.

Perhaps Myron gets paid by the word and the history lesson is Myron’s method of extending his stories. Imagine if he applied it to other universities:

“Top 20 prospect King Cotton, today, verballed the University of Memphis bringing a much needed respite to a school so beset by decades of scandal that it changed its name. From federal felon, Dana Kirk, to Derrick Rose puppeteer, John Calipari, Memphis has left a stinking trail of vacated seasons. Though, to be fair, the misdeeds at the University of Memphis not only are predated by and pale in comparison to those at the University of Minnesota, the Tigers have better music. [yes he could even work in a gratuitous Gopher shot].”

Well said.

I think it shows a lack of class. Two high school kids are excitedly clicking on an ESPN link to see their name printed on the most read sports website in the world, only to find their names tied into a number of scandals that they are in no way related to. Great way to introduce two kids into their new school, Myron... Good for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for Royce White, really? You are going to bring up Royce White as a competitor to Ganglegate and an alleged gang rape? Really? White may or may not have been involved in the theft of a laptop and perhaps some shoplifting. Find me one program that in the last 15 years hasn't had a player accused of a minor crime. You can't, because there are none.

Gophers basketball has not been good since Haskins left but it has been run by honorable and decent men. Monson and Tubby are pretty much as clean as you get in college basketball and Maturi, the AD for the majority of the time, may not have been liked, was pretty much a saint in insisting on running a clean program.

I think Myron could have provided a more nuanced and comprehensive account of the commitments of Coffey and Curry if he had only tied in the fact that the men's hockey team has not been NCAA champs since 2003.

I think Myron could have provided a more nuanced and comprehensive account of the commitments of Coffey and Curry if he had only tied in the fact that the men's hockey team has not been NCAA champs since 2003.

No mention of the dance line either.

A lot of you are missing the point with Myron's article. Yes most of what he says about the history of the University is true, but there is absolutely no reason why he has to rehash all of that negativity every single time he writes a Minnesota-related article. Go back and read his articles on the U, especially since he arrived at ESPN, ever single one of them digs up old negativity surrounding the U. It doesn't matter what the article's primary focus was, Myron always finds a way to make the U look bad. Why the **** is he bringing up scandals from the 70's in an article about two high school kids commiting to the U? There is no reason for it. You don't see him digging up scandals about other Universities. I mean he might as well dug up the Shoebox scandal, John Chadima sexual assault scandal, and numerous other black marks on UW's record when they went to back to their final fours the last two seasons. But he didn't, because he only cares about ****ting on the U, for whatever reason.

It's as if he needs to periodically remind the national audience of our sordid history. Just so they don't forget. Just in case it might serve to help keep the program(s) down.

I think it shows a lack of class. Two high school kids are excitedly clicking on an ESPN link to see their name printed on the most read sports website in the world, only to find their names tied into a number of scandals that they are in no way related to. Great way to introduce two kids into their new school, Myron... Good for you.

Good point.

Can someone tweet this on his account?

Really nothing relevant about a history of various problems, and I don't see how Royce White's problems are some sort of Gopher scandal. Perhaps to an extent he tries to recycle the same content so he doesn't have to write entirely new columns all the time.

Can someone tweet this on his account?

By all means, though I'm not going to do so personally. It looks like he had a recent interaction with Nadine regarding this thread on Twitter.

By all means, though I'm not going to do so personally. It looks like he had a recent interaction with Nadine regarding this thread on Twitter.

Damn, I'm not on Twitter but I would love to see it......hint, hint.

I do believe he has to meet a word count, if he inserts a lengthy recitation of Gopher scandals in every overview of the Gopher program, it's less work for him to do, less original thoughts he has to come up with.

Thanks bc.

Could someone please tell Moron Myron that Station19 thinks he is an ignorant a$$hole.

My God some people are dicks.

What a pompous ass. He even had to end his tweet with a dig. Do not understand how anyone can justify paying him to write.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Merely a theory: He used to write rather poorly for the STrib. We Gopher fans used to dig on his poorly written articles. He knew very well that we used to dig on him. He has thin skin and didn't like that we dared to criticize his poor writing. Somehow, after being poor at his job, he got a bigger/better job (maybe he had the right connections, who knows?). Now he uses his opportunity with a vendetta to try to pay back those who dared criticize him in his previous job, that of course being us.

I can't blame him for not liking us; I mean, he was really bad at his job, and we said so. I can blame him for being a bad writer and an asshat; neither of those have improved since his time in the TC.

Merely a theory: He used to write rather poorly for the STrib. We Gopher fans used to dig on his poorly written articles. He knew very well that we used to dig on him. He has thin skin and didn't like that we dared to criticize his poor writing. Somehow, after being poor at his job, he got a bigger/better job (maybe he had the right connections, who knows?). Now he uses his opportunity with a vendetta to try to pay back those who dared criticize him in his previous job, that of course being us.

I can't blame him for not liking us; I mean, he was really bad at his job, and we said so. I can blame him for being a bad writer and an asshat; neither of those have improved since his time in the TC.

This. His writing and journalism skills as a beat writer were so limited and laughable that it warranted ridicule. Bitter man, poor journalist, vindictive a$$hole...pretty much sums up Moron Myron.

My favorite is the pompous "I write from a national perspective". Insecure/bitter about how and why you got that job?? I can see people from California to New Jersey reading the headline and thinking, "so what, they had those scandals in the 70's, 80's and 90's, and their football team's offense is really struggling". So far out of even Journalism 101 standards. Just bizarre.

Look at his twitter feed. Right out front it says he is represented by Maxx Talent (New York firm for sports personalities) with a picture of himself on tv as a talking head.

He is working towards being a national "pundit" so needs his "hot takes". It is actually kind of amazing how far he has got- he seems to have a knack for falling forward. I suspect he interviews well and is quite strong orally because his writing is nowhere near the quality of a newspaper columnist.

Look at his twitter feed. Right out front it says he is represented by Maxx Talent (New York firm for sports personalities) with a picture of himself on tv as a talking head.

He is working towards being a national "pundit" so needs his "hot takes". It is actually kind of amazing how far he has got- he seems to have a knack for falling forward. I suspect he interviews well and is quite strong orally because his writing is nowhere near the quality of a newspaper columnist.

You're probably right.

Well said. Myron would fit right in with the Stephen A. Smith/Skip Bayless genre. Talentless babblers who offer very little, if anything, to sports "journalism". Kudos to Myron if he takes that all the way to being one of the regular incessant babblers on ESPN.

Top Bottom