Myron Takes Shot at Gophers

Any other forum I'm on, when a member with a lot of posts gets banned, there is a public follow-up from the admins to the world laying out the justification for the ban.

This is turning into a very interesting thread.

Any other forum I'm on, when a member with a lot of posts gets banned, there is a public follow-up from the admins to the world laying out the justification for the ban.

I wish you posted at "any other forum" more often.

Name them.

Sir, with all due respect... I do have a life. I don't want take a ton of time to convey my simple point to you.

Whether you disagree or agree, its your opinion. I respect it.

I think the Gophers, whether they're top 25 material or not, need to just get to march and get a decent seed. (Anything 10 or better).

Because we know once tourney time comes, anything happens, so regardless of seed, whoever brings their A-Game is movin on.

Go Gophers!

First, let me get it out of the way that I hated Myron's spotty coverage of the gophers with maybe 2 articles a week during the season on the Strib. He has something against the gophers now, and you can just tell.

However, he's calling it how it is right now. I do think there are 25 teams in the country better than the Gophers. Easily. Just some advice to fans: don't let a stupid national reporter tell you about the team that you cover about 10 times as well as them and quit letting your feelings get hurt by these guys, because it's just a measly observers opinion. Nothing more, the difference is its published on a well read website.

Go Gophers! (Sorry if that didn't make sense... )

Well in gold visions defense.......you did say you think there are 25 teams in the country better than the gophers..."EASILY." Then it shouldn't be too hard to name them

Well in gold visions defense.......you did say you think there are 25 teams in the country better than the gophers..."EASILY." Then it shouldn't be too hard to name them

MSU, WI, OSU, Duke, MIA, Mich, IND, Creighton, Gonzaga, KSU, Kentucky, Lousiville, Cuse, VCU, Butler, UCLA, Arizona, KU, MARQ, Cincy, G-Town, ISU, Akron, NM, Oregon, ASU, St Mary's, BYU, Florida, CSU, Memphis, STL

IMO.

that was a waste of time...

MSU, WI, OSU, Duke, MIA, Mich, IND, Creighton, Gonzaga, KSU, Kentucky, Lousiville, Cuse, VCU, Butler, UCLA, Arizona, KU, MARQ, Cincy, G-Town, ISU, Akron, NM, Oregon, ASU, St Mary's, BYU, Florida, CSU, Memphis, STL

IMO.

LOL at some of these.

teams that are easily better I would say are IU, scUM, Duke and Kansas. Teams that are probably better, Zona, Gonzaga, Syracuse, Louisville, Butler, Sparty, Ohio State, Miami and Kansas State. Teams who deserve to be ranked higher than us today before mentioned, New Mexico, Creighton. Teams where we're even, Mizzou, NC State, Cincy, Marquette. Teams I wouldn't want to see in the early rounds of the tourney VCU, Witchita State. Teams that we should absoloutly beat on a neutral floor, G-town, ISU, Akron, Colorado State, Oregon, Ole Miss, ASU, St. Mary's, BYU, Memphis, St. Louis, Wisconsin, UCLA. IMHO

IMO.

This is literally the dumbest list I have ever read! Stick to bitching about our football team and medical staff

I just can't believe some people are still rating Oregon so high.

Who is Myron Madcalf?
Sarcasm, yes, but I'll bite.

Some guy who got a promotion for doing a piss poor job at the Trib. Good for him. Good for us, we got a huge upgrade; Amelia Rayno.

Sarcasm, yes, but I'll bite.

Some guy who got a promotion for doing a piss poor job at the Trib. Good for him. Good for us, we got a huge upgrade; Amelia Rayno.

Huge upgrade indeed. I very much prefer both Amelia's writing and her picture to Myron's.

teams that are easily better I would say are IU, scUM, Duke and Kansas. Teams that are probably better, Zona, Gonzaga, Syracuse, Louisville, Butler, Sparty, Ohio State, Miami and Kansas State. Teams who deserve to be ranked higher than us today before mentioned, New Mexico, Creighton. Teams where we're even, Mizzou, NC State, Cincy, Marquette. Teams I wouldn't want to see in the early rounds of the tourney VCU, Witchita State. Teams that we should absoloutly beat on a neutral floor, G-town, ISU, Akron, Colorado State, Oregon, Ole Miss, ASU, St. Mary's, BYU, Memphis, St. Louis, Wisconsin, UCLA. IMHO

I would argue that we're still better than BYU, St.Mary's, St.Louis, Colorado State, Akron, ISU, Wichita State. New Mexico.

50/50 toss up games would be (15): Memphis (They've improved a lot)....KSU, UCLA, ASU, Oregon, Baylor, Ole Miss(They're athletic). G-town(They're so up and down). Marquette(They are gritty but not overly skilled). Cincy(Very good guards but not the best front court). Kentucky, UNC, VCU, Pitt, Wisconsin,

Teams who have a better resume who I feel we would lose to on a neutral court (16): IU, Michigan, OSU, MSU, LV, Duke, Arizona, NC State, Creighton, Miami, Gonzaga, Cuse, Butler, Mizzou, Florida, Kansas.

Figure half of the toss up teams are better than us and that puts us right around 25. This is all very fluid with the potential to go either way. We could still improve. We could regress and more teams could pass us between now and March. February is like Golf's Moving Day (Saturday), when the real contenders emerge and the pretenders are exposed. Time to find out what we truly are, starting tonight.

I would argue that we're still better than BYU, St.Mary's, St.Louis, Colorado State, Akron, ISU, Wichita State. New Mexico.

50/50 toss up games would be (15): Memphis (They've improved a lot)....KSU, UCLA, ASU, Oregon, Baylor, Ole Miss(They're athletic). G-town(They're so up and down). Marquette(They are gritty but not overly skilled). Cincy(Very good guards but not the best front court). Kentucky, UNC, VCU, Pitt, Wisconsin,

Teams who have a better resume who I feel we would lose to on a neutral court (16): IU, Michigan, OSU, MSU, LV, Duke, Arizona, NC State, Creighton, Miami, Gonzaga, Cuse, Butler, Mizzou, Florida, Kansas.

Figure half of the toss up teams are better than us and that puts us right around 25. This is all very fluid with the potential to go either way. We could still improve. We could regress and more teams could pass us between now and March. February is like Golf's Moving Day (Saturday), when the real contenders emerge and the pretenders are exposed. Time to find out what we truly are, starting tonight.

I like the "February is like Golf's Moving Day (Saturday), when the real contenders emerge and the pretenders are exposed. Time to find out what we truly are, starting tonight" - very true.

Tonight would be an absolute statement win, though we'll have to play much better than we have the last few weeks to have a shot.

Go Gophers!!

Oh great, Moses is back! He apparently troll-talked his way out of his troll-ban.

Good God, man, it does not take a rocket scientist to read his posts to figure it out.

Not why I thought your post was interesting. I really don't care if Moses was banned. I found what I bolded to be interesting.

Top Bottom