Myron continues to spread his joy about Minnesota basketball

Considering the champioinship games are there it makes a difference.

Funny you have a quote from a current gopher, three that didn't have offers and some PG that is going to play in a small 'classic' gym.

To be fair, they could've factored in that Williams Arena is a dump.

Couldn't have said it any better. Hopefully none of our potential recruits see the article and take him seriously in any way. As much as I hate Reusse and Souhan, at least their garbage stays local for the most part. Whoever hired Myron at ESPN either didn't do a ton of research or has an absolutely horrendous eye for talent.

Myron was total garbage back when he was in town, and he hasn't improved one bit since he left. That he got employed in either position makes little sense; he's a talentless rube good at only one thing - stirring up trouble for little or no reason.

And we wonder why it seems the country is going in the wrong direction...here is a great example. A talentless fool not only gets a prestigious columnist job in one of the nation's biggest markets; after he does a terrible job at it, instead of getting fired, he actually gets hired into a better position, one at the largest sports media source in the nation (world?). That alone deserves a capital WTF. That he continues to intentionally provoke the fanbase of his former employer seemingly unchecked by his new employer is actually pretty childish and disgusting. But that's what we've come to - media gets paid to make up stories and create stories (even if full of error), not to report them.

Terrible taste. The Target Center is awful.

I wish recruits were.

The Star Tribune unveiled its All-Metro First Team today and in it it has a Q&A where they asked each of the five guys the same questions. One of them simply asked "Target Center or Williams Arena?"

Tyus Jones: "Target Center. It's always nice to play where the big-timers play."

Isaiah Zierden: "Target Center, because I don't like the raised floor at Williams Arena."

Sanjay Lumpkin: "Target Center because I'm comfortable playing there and have really grown up there."

Siyani Chambers: "Target Center because I think it is the best atmosphere to play in."

Joey King: "Target Center. It's a big and bright court."

I said at the time of Myron's hiring at ESPN what I say now: The only way to get a bum out of a job is to promote him.

And the Target Center is an affront to organized basketball. The only time that building is halfway decent is the night of the boys finals, and even then it's possible for 11,000+ to get lost in that place. Meanwhile, the girls tournament was mostly at Mariucci Arena and The Barn. Mariucci is a better basketball arena than the Target Center is, and even with less than half as many people in the building for the night session, the atmosphere for Marshall-Park Center and Eastview-Kennedy was fantastic.

BAMM (black angry Myron Metcalf, for those unfamiliar) has been writing hack articles for shock value since his days of his college editorial piece in the student newspaper. He defines hack.

BAMM (black angry Myron Metcalf, for those unfamiliar) has been writing hack articles for shock value since his days of his college editorial piece in the student newspaper. He defines hack.

It's one thing to say Myron sucks at what he does, but this just sounds racist. Little too far.

Could we be on his list because the UMN has fired 2 black coaches in the past 20yrs?

Couldn't have said it any better. Hopefully none of our potential recruits see the article and take him seriously in any way. As much as I hate Reusse and Souhan, at least their garbage stays local for the most part. Whoever hired Myron at ESPN either didn't do a ton of research or has an absolutely horrendous eye for talent.

He has written a lot of positive articles about Minnesota for the national audience since he has been there though.

Huh? Was that something Myron called himself, or what am I missing?

Yes, when Myron was a student newspaper columnist at Minnesota State-Mankato, his column was called "BAMM: Black Angry Myron Medcalf."

Look, Myron says what Myron says. And if he says something that upsets MN Fans, so be it. He gets paid anyway.

Yes, when Myron was a student newspaper columnist at Minnesota State-Mankato, his column was called "BAMM: Black Angry Myron Medcalf."

Oh wow, I didn't know that. My apologies to Gopher_Ace. Why would he call himself that? Not clever or funny.

Just when I thought I couldn't think any less of him..

Top Bottom