Myles Long quote...

Sour1729

231!
Reaction score
Myles said:

"Badger players are kicked off the team and sometimes out of school when they steal things. This is not true at many universities, including some in the Big Ten."

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=10592&page=4

This is contrary to an article concerning Jack "finger breaker/Xbox stealer" Ikegwuonu.

"According to the Journal Sentinel, under Wisconsin's revised student-athlete discipline policy -- which states that a student-athlete will be suspended for being arrested or charged with a variety of crimes, including "felony theft or felony criminal damage to property" -- he will likely be suspended." (from a blog, but citing an AP article)

http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blog/2008/04/jack-ikegwuonus.html

Let it be noted that the purpose of this thread is not to make any sweeping statement on our current players' situations. Instead it is to counter the "holier than thou" attitude that Myles has been bringing here lately.

Oh, and his racism against Gopher players on Buckyville is well documented. That is all.

The Wisconsin poster who has been coming over here spouting off about the Badgers apparent squeaky clean program.

Honestly, I haven't disagreed with everything that Myles has said. But yeah, I can also understand where you're coming from here. I'm not sure I buy his shtick either. But hey, he's entitled to his opinion.

Myles said:

"Badger players are kicked off the team and sometimes out of school when they steal things. This is not true at many universities, including some in the Big Ten."

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=10592&page=4

This is contrary to an article concerning Jack "finger breaker/Xbox stealer" Ikegwuonu.

"According to the Journal Sentinel, under Wisconsin's revised student-athlete discipline policy -- which states that a student-athlete will be suspended for being arrested or charged with a variety of crimes, including "felony theft or felony criminal damage to property" -- he will likely be suspended." (from a blog, but citing an AP article)

http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blog/2008/04/jack-ikegwuonus.html

Let it be noted that the purpose of this thread is not to make any sweeping statement on our current players' situations. Instead it is to counter the "holier than thou" attitude that Myles has been bringing here lately.

Oh, and his racism against Gopher players on Buckyville is well documented. That is all.

Jack was suspended pending a hearing. After said hearing in which evidence including statements from the alleged victim were considered he was reinstated. After a trial, he was acquitted of all charges in the X Box case. See the distinction?

I have never said the Badgers are squeaky clean. Please show me where I claimed anything close to what you are alleging. I hope you plan on studying quite hard for the bar exam. I don't think you will be able to over-study for it.

Jack was suspended pending a hearing. After said hearing in which evidence including statements from the alleged victim were considered he was reinstated. After a trial, he was acquitted of all charges in the X Box case. See the distinction?

I have never said the Badgers are squeaky clean. Please show me where I claimed anything close to what you are alleging. I hope you plan on studying quite hard for the bar exam. I don't think you will be able to over-study for it.

Royce is suspended as well. And there won't be a hearing in this situation because he was simply given a citation. See the distinction?

You are right, there is not a direct quote from you stating that the Badgers are squeaky clean. Perhaps that was the wrong phrase to use. But your post clearly insinuated that the Badgers would handle this "better" than the Gophers. That is where the "holier than thou" attitude comes from.

What exactly do you want me to prove you alleged? The racist stuff you said on Buckyville and then later edited after you were called out by your peers? I highly doubt there is a record of the original post.

Oh, and we have the diploma privilege at Marquette. But I will certainly be ready for the multistate bar so I can get out of Wisconsin.

The racist stuff you said on Buckyville and then later edited after you were called out by your peers? I highly doubt there is a record of the original post.

Myles Long's original post lives onn!! http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?p=105635

Did anyone else notice that not since the Flint boys posse at East Lansing has a more miserable lot of gangbangers been sitting in the player's families seats as were last night behind the Goof's bench? Me thinks Tubby needs a street agent to even get into some of these "Student-Athlete's" living rooms.

Replace Vander Blue for Diamond Taylor and you would of seen a much different result in Madsion.

I usually try to reserve judgment on statements like that one, but that was pretty bad.

Top Bottom