On field antics don't go unnoticed?

I know this is going to be a shock to some of you, but he was not looking for the approval of the fine posters of Gopher Hole for his press conference comments. He was playing to a different audience and shockingly, he was going to spin it in a way to put his program and players in the most positive light possible. From what I understand, he is not the first coach to ever use a press conference to further his agenda.

Since nobody was privy to any conversation that took place on the field, I don't think anyone is in a position to claim they know what happened on the field. But feel free to "guess" away.

I know this is going to be a shock to some of you, but he was not looking for the approval of the fine posters of Gopher Hole for his press conference comments. He was playing to a different audience and shockingly, he was going to spin it in a way to put his program and players in the most positive light possible. From what I understand, he is not the first coach to ever use a press conference to further his agenda.

Since nobody was privy to any conversation that took place on the field, I don't think anyone is in a position to claim they know what happened on the field. But feel free to "guess" away.

And I am sure this is going to come as a shock to you. This is a Gopher football board.

If you want to go whoop it up with Badger fans, I suggest you try Buckyville.com.

BTW Doesn't the Badger team play OSU? For a program you and the rest of your fanbase seem to care so little about and love to try to ridicule, you sure are spending way too much time over here. I guess a game with conference title implications doesn't matter to Badger fans.

Keep it out the paper then, your coach is the one who for some reason insisted on bringing up a private conversation with the ref during the game. If the tables were turned and Brew had a quote like this badger fans would be clammering to remind everyone of past incidents of poor sportsmanship also.
It's a blood rivalry, the oldest and one of the most bitter in college sports, the refs should have known this and let the jaw jacking go, stupid and quite frankly very immature of the refs, you think during Florida Georgia or Texas Oklahoma the players simply make a tackle and quietly walk back to huddle? No, it's a rivalry game, hot and heavy, let it play out, don't hold the players' hands when they hear a bad word on the field.

I get all what you said. I even wondered myself why this taunting stuff would show up in the news paper. I agree it would have been better unsaid.

He is from Madison and went to UW. Played football for the Badgers.

What's the big deal?

You left out the part about being in litigation with Maturi over a real estate deal gone bad and his ex-wife being a Gopher grad. This board is the highest of comedy.

As I said GVBadger, at the very least you are annoying, you remind me of the idiot Wisconsin fans I had to endure during the game on Saturday. GO AWAY!

12 years?...Maybe for BB

I linked this article for the purpose of discussion for Gopher fans about the football players behavior on the field as taken from the view of an official working the game. Not something I like as an alumnae of the University of Minnesota or as a 12 year season ticket holder. Not sure where you can go off accusing me of "sleeping with the enemy."

I feel for you though. It's gonna be long year for you to get continually bitch-slapped over at buckyville.com with all the blather you've written there. Why don't you try a little internet humility, for once? Doesn't an old man like you have more to worry about than what some sports opinion columnist in Madison has to say?

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/22845/t/Badger-s-no-show-for-the-National-Anthem.html

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/22906/t/Barry-speaks.html

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/19804/t/TCF-sold-out.html

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/19420/t/RoopFlywhirl-thinks-Badger-fans-are-unruly.html

Amazing that I had to go to the "Bickering Depository" board over at Buckyville to find your name mentioned countless times.

I'm sure your wife is impressed with your internet skills.

Do you want to enlighten us again about your trips to Madison for football with your Badger pals and how you sit around singing:" Michael rowed the boat ashore" with Gopher Lady chiming in?
Your a d-bag Norman Dale and you picked up the link from Buckyville .com just to fan the fire.

My my GVBadger you sure think highly of yourself. Another holier than thou Badger fan. Guess what this is for Gopher fans.......so take a hike, go enlighten your Badger bretheren with your wisdom.

Do you want to enlighten us again about your trips to Madison for football with your Badger pals and how you sit around singing:" Michael rowed the boat ashore" with Gopher Lady chiming in?
Your a d-bag Norman Dale and you picked up the link from Buckyville .com just to fan the fire.

"you know the S.S. Badger is sinking fast. Gosh it's going to be fun watching BB and the boys rolling over on their bellies like a dead fish this October. Start living on memories boys because that is all your going to have after we gut you at TCF." - Ruppie's continued embarrassment to Gopher fans - July 1, 2009.

How's my new signature coming Ruppert?

Helping Norman Dale out hey....

"you know the S.S. Badger is sinking fast. Gosh it's going to be fun watching BB and the boys rolling over on their bellies like a dead fish this October. Start living on memories boys because that is all your going to have after we gut you at TCF." - Ruppie's continued embarrassment to Gopher fans - July 1, 2009.

How's my new signature coming Ruppert?

At least I have the guts to make a prediction, stand by it, and then give congrats to the Badgers
on keeping the ax. You on the other hand make racial comments after said BB game last year in Madison and then go in a hole and hide. If Southfew had any balls he would have kicked you off Buckyville. I'll gladly be an embarrassment to weed out closet Badger sniffers like Norman Dale and
a bigot like you Myles.

At least I have the guts to make a prediction, stand by it, and then give congrats to the Badgers
on keeping the ax. You on the other hand make racial comments after said BB game last year in Madison and then go in a hole and hide. If Southfew had any balls he would have kicked you off Buckyville. I'll gladly be an embarrassment to weed out closet Badger sniffers like Norman Dale and
a bigot like you Myles.

Never hid. Never made a racial comment either. Keep trying though.

Question for Normandale

I linked this article for the purpose of discussion for Gopher fans about the football players behavior on the field as taken from the view of an official working the game. Not something I like as an alumnae of the University of Minnesota or as a 12 year season ticket holder. Not sure where you can go off accusing me of "sleeping with the enemy."

I feel for you though. It's gonna be long year for you to get continually bitch-slapped over at buckyville.com with all the blather you've written there. Why don't you try a little internet humility, for once? Doesn't an old man like you have more to worry about than what some sports opinion columnist in Madison has to say?

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/22845/t/Badger-s-no-show-for-the-National-Anthem.html

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/22906/t/Barry-speaks.html

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/19804/t/TCF-sold-out.html

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/19420/t/RoopFlywhirl-thinks-Badger-fans-are-unruly.html

Amazing that I had to go to the "Bickering Depository" board over at Buckyville to find your name mentioned countless times.

I'm sure your wife is impressed with your internet skills.

Did anyone interview the ref in question, or is this just another unsubstancitated statement from Bielema?

Winning is the best flaunt there is...gotta keep the rest in check and get the W.

My my GVBadger you sure think highly of yourself. Another holier than thou Badger fan. Guess what this is for Gopher fans.......so take a hike, go enlighten your Badger bretheren with your wisdom.

I don't think highly of myself. Certainly not holier then thou. In fact, I can't stand some of our holier then thou basketball fans. I think the Badgers fans that rag on Minnesota (the State) are stupid as well, being a life long Minnesotan. However, I will respond to some ridiculous assertions and arguments that are made on this board. Discourse is the purpose of a message board, last time I checked.

Stop taking it so seriously. It is football for crying out loud, not world peace. I had a great time at the game last Saturday, sat and talked to a lot of great Gophers fans and enjoyed the new stadium.

Thanks again for the invitation to leave, but I think I will stay.

Dear Holier than thou......

He made it up.

My point is if someone is going to print this crap, they should go to the source.....

Furthermore, I was at the game. It wasn't even a minute and a half into the game when many Gopher fans were mentioning what I had noticed myself. Badgers were yacking away.

So... To paraphrase you, This is football! Stop trying to pretend you are a neutral observer. Just admit you see this through Cardinal and white glasses.

Good!

How can anyone be upset about this? It's good to hear our players/fans are taunting. That penalty was BS. Fans throw batteries at players when they play at Camp Randall. Who cares if you're giving crap to other players. Although I don't like the 15 yard penalties.

I love seeing Gilreath get his due. He sucks. He put down TCF Bank Stadium. Put him down. Show him what's up! I know Brewster talked about him in the locker room. Get everyone fired up!

Change the culture! This isn't some politically correct art center place. That article should have been written in rainbow colors. No one should like coming here to play football, especially the Badgers.

Never hid. Never made a racial comment either. Keep trying though.

Here's your post after the Gophers won in Madison last year. Racist? Pretty cut and dry in my mind.

Maturi has turned over the asylum to the inmates
If anyone is still questioning the bastardization of the Gopher Athletic Department under Maturi's watch, you are blind. The term "student-athlete" is not recognizable at Dah U. Brewster has loaded his rosters with more thugs than the SEC. Now Tubby's efforts are getting to know the clearinghouse as well.

Did anyone else notice that not since the Flint boys posse at East Lansing has a more miserable lot of gangbangers been sitting in the player's families seats as were last night behind the Goof's bench? Me thinks Tubby needs a street agent to even get into some of these "Student-Athlete's" living rooms.

They are a joke, and soon the police blotters will out these impostors.

Gangbangers, eh camera dork? Why? Because they were the families of black players? You're a fraud, *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#bag.

Here's your post after the Gophers won in Madison last year. Racist? Pretty cut and dry in my mind.

Maturi has turned over the asylum to the inmates
If anyone is still questioning the bastardization of the Gopher Athletic Department under Maturi's watch, you are blind. The term "student-athlete" is not recognizable at Dah U. Brewster has loaded his rosters with more thugs than the SEC. Now Tubby's efforts are getting to know the clearinghouse as well.

Did anyone else notice that not since the Flint boys posse at East Lansing has a more miserable lot of gangbangers been sitting in the player's families seats as were last night behind the Goof's bench? Me thinks Tubby needs a street agent to even get into some of these "Student-Athlete's" living rooms.

They are a joke, and soon the police blotters will out these impostors.

Gangbangers, eh camera dork? Why? Because they were the families of black players? You're a fraud, *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#bag.

Never mentioned race. While the post was wrong to make, it doesn't mention race. I'm glad I didn't post the picture of them that I considered doing at the time. There are plenty of gangbanging looking white, Latino and Asian thugs too. I don't like people who play the race card, when it wasn't in play to begin with. Anyway, I apologized at the time for offending people, but racist it wasn't.

Never mentioned race. While the post was wrong to make, it doesn't mention race. I'm glad I didn't post the picture of them that I considered doing at the time. There are plenty of gangbanging looking white, Latino and Asian thugs too. I don't like people who play the race card, when it wasn't in play to begin with. Anyway, I apologized at the time for offending people, but racist it wasn't.

Farking hilarious. You didn't have to mention race. The people behind the bench, who you DIRECTLY REFERENCED IN YOUR POST, were black. There were no Asians or Latinos, or any other "gangbanging looking" people there that night. You were referring specifically to the families of black players on the Gopher bastketball team. Your own board called you out on it. You threw a racist hissy-fit after your boys choked. Period.

I LOL every time I read you ripping on someone for a stupid post. Your reaction to the Meltdown in Madison is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read, with some added racism to boot! Myles wins the prize for best post by a nerd photographer on Buckyville. YAY!

I will never take anything you say with any grain of salt at all ever again. Your credibility has crashed into a mountain. :(

I will never take anything you say with any grain of salt at all ever again. Your credibility has crashed into a mountain. :(

Yeah, that's some pretty blatant racism. It's a shame if you can't actually see it, Myles, but it's definitely there.

***holding my tongue on photoshopping and House of Pain...oh so tempting, but unfair to the rest of the Wisconsin fan base***

Top Bottom