My thoughts...FWTW

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
I was away for about three weeks and came back and watched the last 4 games over the last few days and then tonights game against Purdue live.

Here are my thoughts:

We are exactly as good as I thought we would be. No better, no worse. I suspect Tubby feels the same way which is why he scheduled such a weak NC schedule.

If you look at our rotation, we are young everywhere, with Blake and Nolan having a bit of a Sophomore slump which seems to make it difficult on everyone. Where last year these two players in particular were able to force teams to defend us differently.

Our Jucos are not consistent and DJ, who is by far our best player, wont stay assertive on offense. From what I can see, he is almost undefensable going to the hoop with a good 15 footer, yet he doesn't look for his shot enough.

The twin towers are babies and still need work.

We lack athleticism and height at the two, consistency and the one and three and depth at the four and five.

IMO - we are a top 40 team, make the NCAA as a 8-9 seed and will be better next year. In two years, we are a sweet sixteen team and give Tubby a record no other coach has...taking 4 teams to the sweet 16.

Just my opinion...

One last thing...I can't wait for JAS and JW to graduate!

Top Bottom