My Musings

gophmeister

Reaction score
Musings by gophmeister

* After a week, I no longer feel bad about when and how Brewster was fired. It's not like he'll be on a bread line any time soon. For anyone who still feels bad or thinks Brewster should still be coach, here's a stat: South Dakota is 3-5 and they're a terrible 3-5.

* Whoopie for Adam Weber. Good luck on all your future endeavors.

* Maybe the field judge's generosity to JoePa yesterday was a retirement gift. Joe needs 2 more wins to reach 400 and that gold watch he's been gunning for all these years. I'm glad I saw him one last time. I remember Joe's first visit to Minneapolis quite well. That game was over at the first play from scrimmage, which I believe was like a 80 yard run by KiJana Carter. At that point, I never thought I'd see the day when we'd beat Penn St.

* Now that the ridiculous Trestman talk has abated for your consideration -- Brady Hoke of San Diego St.

* Yesterday I learned I hate Iowa more than Wisconsin. Wisconsin can thank the Iowa fan base for that. ABC kept showing all the stunned faces at the end of the game. Kinnick provides a beautiful and majestic panorama of disappointment at each Iowa loss.

* Steve Watson will have Da'Jon McKnight and Marqueis Gray to thank for his next job.

* Pray for good weather on Saturday, otherwise we might see a sparser crowd against Ohio St.

* Kudos to the guys with the Jolly Roger in the upper deck end zone with Leach written on it. Too bad you unfurled after everyone started leaving.

* On the post game radio show, Collado said he felt Ohio St was beatable. They are, but by whom? In all fairness to Ryan, who looks good at safety, it would take perfect game by the gophers and a lot of turnovers by Ohio St for us to win. If we did, it would be the biggest win in TCF Bank Stadium history. We've already had a monumental defeat, why not a monumental victory.

* When the time comes, I hope Chad Hartman has the courage to pull the plug.

* What's the likelihood that a new coach could convince James Farrow to stick around?

* Gut feeling, anyone Brewster brought in will not be employed on the new staff across the board.

* Curious. Will the new staff pursue the same recruits as Brewster's? I guess it all depends on who it turns out to be.

Musings by gophmeister
* After a week, I no longer feel bad about when and how Brewster was fired. It's not like he'll be on a bread line any time soon. For anyone who still feels bad or thinks Brewster should still be coach, here's a stat: South Dakota is 3-5 and they're a terrible 3-5.

Good point. NW choked away a 17 point lead yesterday, too.

* Whoopie for Adam Weber. Good luck on all your future endeavors.

I agree. Maybe he can get a job alongside Brian Cupito selling pharmaceuticals?

* Maybe the field judge's generosity to JoePa yesterday was a retirement gift. Joe needs 2 more wins to reach 400 and that gold watch he's been gunning for all these years. I'm glad I saw him one last time. I remember Joe's first visit to Minneapolis quite well. That game was over at the first play from scrimmage, which I believe was like a 80 yard run by KiJana Carter. At that point, I never thought I'd see the day when we'd beat Penn St.

The sad thing is that PSU probably still would have beaten us without the crooked reffing. I hadn't thought of the 400 angle, but looking at their schedule, we were one of the few games they'd still be favored in.

* Now that the ridiculous Trestman talk has abated for your consideration -- Brady Hoke of San Diego St.

Isn't SDSU the school we sent our last failed basketball coach to? Why would we want their football coach?

* Yesterday I learned I hate Iowa more than Wisconsin. Wisconsin can thank the Iowa fan base for that. ABC kept showing all the stunned faces at the end of the game. Kinnick provides a beautiful and majestic panorama of disappointment at each Iowa loss.

I spent much of that game debating which team I hate more. Has to be Wisky, just because of bulemia. I actually respect Ferentz. I was secretly hoping for a meteor strike on Kinnick. Do agree on the Iowa fans. They showed one guy who had a look on his face like that one big brute in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome right after Mel Gibson had blown the dog whistle.

* Steve Watson will have Da'Jon McKnight and Marqueis Gray to thank for his next job.

He's one of the few guys on the staff the new coach should consider keeping

* Pray for good weather on Saturday, otherwise we might see a sparser crowd against Ohio St.

Not that it means much, but dry and high of 56 is the long range forecast. I'd be more worried about competition from Halloween parties. There'll be about 75 people in the student section

* Kudos to the guys with the Jolly Roger in the upper deck end zone with Leach written on it. Too bad you unfurled after everyone started leaving.

I agree. Wish I would have stuck around to see that.

* On the post game radio show, Collado said he felt Ohio St was beatable. They are, but by whom? In all fairness to Ryan, who looks good at safety, it would take perfect game by the gophers and a lot of turnovers by Ohio St for us to win. If we did, it would be the biggest win in TCF Bank Stadium history. We've already had a monumental defeat, why not a monumental victory.

That's not setting the bar very high (so far it would have to be the MSU game last year). STranger things have happened though. Like us choking vs. USD

* When the time comes, I hope Chad Hartman has the courage to pull the plug.

Are you kidding? Chad knows that Daddy is the only reason he has a job in media. He'd keep Sid's head cryogenically preserved in a jar, if it would keep him employed in his current gig.

* What's the likelihood that a new coach could convince James Farrow to stick around?

* Gut feeling, anyone Brewster brought in will not be employed on the new staff across the board.

For better or worse, I suspect the new coach will clean house.

* Curious. Will the new staff pursue the same recruits as Brewster's? I guess it all depends on who it turns out to be.

I think it will depend some on timing. If we hire someone early enough, they might try and bring in their recruits. That's one of the dirtier aspects of regime changes and recruiting. But if we hired someone like Peterson, I wouldn't mind if he talked a couple of the guys he'd recruited into jumping ship with him. Odds are they're better than some of the guys we were going after.

Isn't SDSU the school we sent our last failed basketball coach to? Why would we want their football coach?

That was Long Beach St.

Not that it means much, but dry and high of 56 is the long range forecast. I'd be more worried about competition from Halloween parties. There'll be about 75 people in the student section

A chance to be seen on TV in costume (and maybe even Sportscenter) will help student attendance.

That was Long Beach St.

A chance to be seen on TV in costume (and maybe even Sportscenter) will help student attendance.

Long Beach state, SDSU, I was only off by about 100 miles. Both schools are equally lame. Basically St Cloud State. Just substitute hockey for basketball or football.

Good point on the Halloween costumes. I remember having student tix back in the dome for Halloween Night games. Its amazing what a sorority girl can do with one of those free Wells Fargo T-shirts and a pair of scissors. Especially if she's had all afternoon with a bottle of Sloe Gin to get fired up for the game.

Top Bottom