My first online rant - I'm tired of

gophertime

Reaction score
1. I'm tired of - Another Golden Gopher first down. Lame! For at least 10 years that's our claim to fame?
2. I'm tired of - Gopher players raising their arms to get the crowd to stand for third down stands. Maybe the players should concentrate more on making plays.
3. I'm tired of - Stupid penalties.
4. I'm tired of - Stupid penalties on critical plays.
5. I'm tired of - Bad breaks, bad calls, bad luck.
6. I'm tired of - Gopherholers who bitch about opposing fans from "lessor" programs who give us no respect. WE DON'T DESERVE ANY RESPECT!
7. I'm tired of - rebuiliding years.
8. I'm tired of - people who say Brewster could recruit. ???
9. I'm tired of- people who complain about the band. They were the highlight of the night in my opinion.
10. I'm tired of - Iowa (it's my rant)
11. After 40 years of Gopher football, I'm just tired.

1. I'm tired of - Another Golden Gopher first down. Lame! For at least 10 years that's our claim to fame?
2. I'm tired of - Gopher players raising their arms to get the crowd to stand for third down stands. Maybe the players should concentrate more on making plays.
6. I'm tired of - Gopherholers who bitch about opposing fans from "lessor" programs who give us no respect. WE DON'T DESERVE ANY RESPECT!
9. I'm tired of- people who complain about the band. They were the highlight of the night in my opinion.

+1,000

Really? If you are tired, then go get a long good night's sleep. Tomorrow is a new day. You'd have to get mentally prepared for Michigan.

I think you just summed up the feelings of almost everyone on this board.

Brilliant.

Tonight, that damn "another Golden Gophers first down" nonsense made me want to go all Van Gogh on my ears.

...i'm tired of fans not cheering their a$$es off on third down to to try and help the D out with some "home field advantage".

The obnoxious announcer is a major pain - agree with that and everything on your list. How long, O Lord, can this go on!

Really? If you are tired, then go get a long good night's sleep. Tomorrow is a new day. You'd have to get mentally prepared for Michigan.

Probably some good advice. After returning home from the game tonight I feel as though I'm completely bottomed out. Time to take a few days off from sports (except for maybe the Lynx game tomorrow) and try to somehow get my dander up for next Saturday.

I ca't argue with any of your statements.

I'm definately tired of having a team that can't lineup on defense when it matters.
I'm definately tired of teams with horrible special teams.
I'm definately tired of a team that always finds a way to lose in the most painful way possible (see any Northwestern game).
I'm tired of USF and Baylor being ranked and us wondering if we could win the MIAC.
I'm tired of playing FCS teams that can beat us. Let's go back to playing crappy MAC teams.
I'm tired of us being a laughing stock.

can I add "I'm tired of players celebrating like they've won the championship after a touchdown/defensive stop when they're still losing to a terrible team" to the list?

I am tired of not even sniffing a conference championship and hearing people talk about fan support, songs to play at the game, victory walks, tailgating, whatever the new tunnel thing is this year, etc, etc. You cannot f'ing create a great atmosphere around around a f'ing terrible product. People who support this teams have been served SPAM (or another 4 letter S word) for 40 years, those who continue to eat it should be praised, but they shouldn't expect other people to join in their misery, but demand a filet once in awhile.

I am tired of losing to Iowa and Wisconsin and I am more tired of people who seem to think that's acceptable.

I am tired of Joel Maturi and his asssumed satisfaction with presiding over a basketball program that has not won an NCAA tournament game and this football program.

I am tired of Twin Cities writers who gleefully look on at the Gophers lack of success and will take yet another oppoturnity to twist the knife in to the back of what's left of the Gopher fan base.

Got to be the worst stretch in Gopher and Minnesota professional sports history, it can't get much worse...people say the Wild might be good but then I'm reminded their name is the Wild which depresses me again. Go Lynx!

...i'm tired of fans not cheering their a$$es off on third down to to try and help the D out with some "home field advantage".
Home field advantage is generally seen as being worth about 3 points.

I told people on this board to not to underestimate NDSU. People really want to think of Fargo as "That city up north who plays football" but Fargo and those kids know how to play and they showed it tonight

I don't normally suscribe to conspiracy theories, but I think Nishioka is now in a Gopher uniform.

Maybe if the defense occasionally made a stop on 3rd down people would get into standing and cheering on 3rd downs. I get tired of 3rd and 3 or 4 and the D backs are 10 yards of the receivers giving the other team a short uncontested pass for a first down.

Maybe if the defense occasionally made a stop on 3rd down people would get into standing and cheering on 3rd downs. I get tired of 3rd and 3 or 4 and the D backs are 10 yards of the receivers giving the other team a short uncontested pass for a first down.

I completely agree. Cannot understand why we give so much space to opposing receivers. Was very upset about that last night.

Top Bottom