My Bracketology as of 1/21

jjgopher

Reaction score
I'll try to update my bracket to go along with SS's, as much as possible.

Some things to remember when doing a bracketology that can fluctuate a team's seed

1. Team from the same conference aren't put in the same Sweet 16 bracket
2. They try not to have repeat matchups from the regular season as 1st round games
3. They try to keep higher seed teams as close to home as possible, and with the pod system, even let's say a team like Villanova, who is the #1 out West, will still play their first 2 games in the East Coast

East South Midwest West

1. Kentucky Texas Kansas Villanova
2. Syracuse Georgetown Duke Michigan St.
3. Kansas St. Purdue West Virginia Tennessee
4. Gonzaga Temple Pitt BYU
5. Clemson Mississippi St. Georgia Tech Wisconsin
6. New Mexico Vanderbilt Ohio State Butler
7. Ole Miss Wake Forest Baylor UConn
8. Cincinatti Northern Iowa Rhode Island UAB
9. Missouri Florida State Washington North Carolina
10. Dayton Cal Xavier Texas A&M
11. Minnesota St. Mary's Cornell UNLV
12. Siena Louisville Wichita St. Old Dominion
13. Western Ketucky Akron Louisiana Tech College of Charleston
14. Pacific Murray State Northern Colorado Coastal Carolina
15. Vermont Morgan State Sam Houston St. Oakland
16. Lafayette Quinnipiac Prairie View Campbell

LAST FOUR IN: Minnesota, Louisville, Wichita State, St. Mary's

Last Four Out: Oklahoma State, Maryland, Richmond, Florida

Next Four Out: Virginia, Tulsa, William&Mary, Arizona State

I probably would have Oklahoma State in place of Minnesota, but I'm biased and at this point, who really cares?

Thanks JJ. Will look forward to seeing how our projections compare, though I don't project the seeds like you do. Looks like to this point we have about 4 differences. I like your current projection better than mine (I have the Gophers out at this point)!

I'll try to update my bracket to go along with SS's, as much as possible.

Some things to remember when doing a bracketology that can fluctuate a team's seed

1. Team from the same conference aren't put in the same Sweet 16 bracket
2. They try not to have repeat matchups from the regular season as 1st round games
3. They try to keep higher seed teams as close to home as possible, and with the pod system, even let's say a team like Villanova, who is the #1 out West, will still play their first 2 games in the East Coast

East South Midwest West

1. Kentucky Texas Kansas Villanova
2. Syracuse Georgetown Duke Michigan St.
3. Kansas St. Purdue West Virginia Tennessee
4. Gonzaga Temple Pitt BYU
5. Clemson Mississippi St. Georgia Tech Wisconsin
6. New Mexico Vanderbilt Ohio State Butler
7. Ole Miss Wake Forest Baylor UConn
8. Cincinatti Northern Iowa Rhode Island UAB
9. Missouri Florida State Washington North Carolina
10. Dayton Cal Xavier Texas A&M
11. Minnesota St. Mary's Cornell UNLV
12. Siena Louisville Wichita St. Old Dominion
13. Western Ketucky Akron Louisiana Tech College of Charleston
14. Pacific Murray State Northern Colorado Coastal Carolina
15. Vermont Morgan State Sam Houston St. Oakland
16. Lafayette Quinnipiac Prairie View Campbell

LAST FOUR IN: Minnesota, Louisville, Wichita State, St. Mary's

Last Four Out: Oklahoma State, Maryland, Richmond, Florida

Next Four Out: Virginia, Tulsa, William&Mary, Arizona State

I probably would have Oklahoma State in place of Minnesota, but I'm biased and at this point, who really cares?

Curious why you have Cincy seeded #8. Seems the Bearcats would be on the bubble.

FOT, right now alot of the 8-9 seed teams are considered bubble teams. It's one of the complications of trying to fill brackets out this early still. Cincinatti is also in the big east, and I have 8 teams from the Big East, so 1 team per sweet 16 bracket. So they either had to be a 8,9, or 12 seed.

JJ, I think your bracket is pretty accurate. It's going to be important for us to win games against Michigan and NW this year, not to mention splitting with Wisconsin and Illinois. A win this saturday at the barn would come in handy come March. Yet, I hate settling as a 9/10 seed and losing in the first round. I think we all had high hopes for our team this year, maybe even as a 4/5 seed in the tournament. Granted it is early in the season, but we are paced for a similar conclusion to last years season.

Nevertheless, I think we have the talent to make a run back to the top 25. It will need to start Saturday morning.

Yes, beating a 6-0, 16-3 Michigan State team would help us out immensely. We play Michigan State and NW at home this week. We win both those games, and I would put us on the 8-9 line at this time next week.

Definitely, similar to the Louisville game last year. So far we have the Butler/OSU wins to lean on, yet the Miami/Portland losses continue to lose legitimacy. On another note, how many teams from the Big Ten do you see making the tourney by the end of the season?

I would see it's looking like 5 right now. MSU, Purdue, Wisky, and OSU for sure. Between us, Illinois and NW for the other one

FOT, right now alot of the 8-9 seed teams are considered bubble teams. It's one of the complications of trying to fill brackets out this early still. Cincinatti is also in the big east, and I have 8 teams from the Big East, so 1 team per sweet 16 bracket. So they either had to be a 8,9, or 12 seed.

Well, I'm a Bearcat follower and think they have a decent chance at NCAA but LOTS of work to do. They will be favored in only about 4 or 5 of their remaining BEast games. They need 10-8 in BE.

Some Bearcat "fans" want to fire Mick Cronin (coach) in mid season. I don't favor that approach.

Joe Lunardi, ESPN Bracketologist, has the gophers as one of his four most underachieving teams of the season. He says gophs were a preseason sweet 16 team. Lunardi keeps the gophs in the tourney, however, as an 11 seed.

Need that win tomorrow..

Joe Lunardi, ESPN Bracketologist, has the gophers as one of his four most underachieving teams of the season. He says gophs were a preseason sweet 16 team. Lunardi keeps the gophs in the tourney, however, as an 11 seed.

Need that win tomorrow..

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1042829 Gophers #10 seed in this bracket (not by Lunardi).

I agree with him. Gophers have underachieved (so far).

That would be fortunate, to receive a 10 seed, play Xavier, and potentially Pitt (young and inexperienced) and Purdue (neutral refs?).

I feel we will end up with an 8 seed come March.

Top Bottom