My $0.02 - South Dakota State Game

stevedave23

Reaction score
-The single most astounding thing about this game was that the gopher wide receivers could not get open the entire game.

-The gophers were outcoached today.

-The special teams play by the gophers was very disappointing.

-The atmosphere at the game today was, dare I say it, almost as anemic as the dome days. The students seemed to have fun and I think everyone else was just stunned the whole game.

-Hats off to South Dakota State. They were well coached and their defense was very good. A lot better than maybe people are giving them credit for.

-The single most astounding thing about this game was that the gopher wide receivers could not get open the entire game.

-The gophers were outcoached today.

-The special teams play by the gophers was very disappointing.

-The atmosphere at the game today was, dare I say it, almost as anemic as the dome days. The students seemed to have fun and I think everyone else was just stunned the whole game.

-Hats off to South Dakota State. They were well coached and their defense was very good. A lot better than maybe people are giving them credit for.

I thought the receivers did a decent job getting open, but Weber couldn't hit anybody. He was worse than ever. I'm still stunned at how terrible that SDSU QB was. Wow. I don't think that kid would start for most metro area high school teams.

how does our offense not score a TD...honestly...that's so messed up...with that being said our defense played very well actually.

another couple random comments...
why squib that kick and not boot it?
weber can't make a play...
our offense played horrible...
i can't even remember everything i was pissed about because i was so mad but we won so i had to rub it in my sdsu friend's face...

I thought the receivers did a decent job getting open, but Weber couldn't hit anybody. He was worse than ever. I'm still stunned at how terrible that SDSU QB was. Wow. I don't think that kid would start for most metro area high school teams.
Actually I think what you saw from the SDSU QB today was freshman nerves. Maybe a little too much pressure for a redshirt frosh playing in his home state in front of a lot of family and friends. Here is his bio from the Jacks website.

Was a prized recruit at quarterback hailing from Winona Cotter High School, where he set a single-season conference record with 35 touchdown passes a as a senior ... career totals included 5,505 passing yards and 69 touchdowns, ... earned all-area and honorable mention all-state honors two times ... compiled a 12-0 pitching record with a .397 batting average on the diamond as a prep sophomore ... was 5-2 on the mound as a senior in leading Cotter to a third-place state tourney finish ... also played on a conference-champion basketball team ... honor student

Top Bottom