MV Blog: U Ready to Up the Ante

gophermartin

Reaction score
MVofDT: 'U' Ready to Up the Ante http://is.gd/gSkiz #Gophers

I love seeing this it shows Pres Bruininks is serious about getting a proven winning coach. And seeing Colorado's financial problems...we aren't competing for the same level of coach.

Will we win more? Only time will really tell.

I agree with others who have said getting the stadium funded and done....was the 900 lb gorilla that will force the U to support the program to make them a winner.

GM

Very good point. We built it but they didn't come! Perchance we need to take the next step and fill it with some quality or risk pi**ing away our $400 million investment.

Very good point. We built it but they didn't come! Perchance we need to take the next step and fill it with some quality or risk pi**ing away our $400 million investment.

Agree, the Admin at the U made that same mistake that many pro teams regardless of the sport have made. They gave to much wait to what a new stadium will mean to the level of competition on the field. They were not prepared to be successful in the right aspects of the football program at the time of the transition. Now losing all the positive momentum generated from the stadium and being saddled with the additional costs of the venue. However I don't think it will take much to get the fans (casual non gopher hole) back on board. If they can return to the glen mason level (he did great to get us to that point, but it wasn't terribly high) then the program will be on solid ground. IF he can take us to the top half of the BigTen (which most fans hope) then we will be in strong shape financially.

Top Bottom