MSHSL Boys Basketball State Tournament Thread

Bumping again - we have a decision (sort of) on Seeding state tournaments.

the MSHSL board met and voted to adopt a new policy for seeding State Tournaments - starting with the '24-25 school year.

in a nutshell:
Each team sport that holds a State Tournament may choose its own seeding option - they have three choices:
1. seed State Tournament 1-8
2. seed 1-5 with random draw for remaining teams
3. no seeding with matchups by section (1 vs 3, 2 vs 4 and so on)

the option chosen will be in effect for 4 years.

in sports with multiple classes like basketball, the same seeding option applies to all classes.
and for sports that have both boys and girls (like hoops), the same seeding option must be used for both boys and girls.

in short - the MSHSL chose by not making a choice. telling the sports "you choose!"

the MSHSL - passing the buck and ducking responsibility in order to send an example to the young people of the state.

ARRRRGH!!!!!!
passing the buck is a great way to put it. Agreed, step up and make the ruling MSHSL

FWIW-

Per 247, he’s currently ranked 172,so it seems a stretch to call him a Top 50 recruit; not sure if James knows him/ has coached him etc…Asuma is ranked higher currently BTW.

Also no blue blood offers yet - not sure how a performance in MN basketball tourney is going to move the needle- as he’s been on the AAU circuit already

Looks like the needle was moved. McAndrew is ranked pretty high now in a lot of spots

Do we think he stays with Creighton?
Not something I would know about but they seem to say Creighton guys make some good money so I do not think there would be a reason to leave. And I also was reading his father and the Coach at Creighton have been long time friends so there would be trust there so another reason I would not think he would leave there.

McDermott, as an assistant, Jackson's dad (Steve)as a player, were at UND early '90s. Couple of NCC titles, 5 d2 tournament berths, 2 regional titles.

Looks like the needle was moved. McAndrew is ranked pretty high now in a lot of spots
Yup it has and based on the info below 👇, we likely never had a chance. I was basing it, my previous post, off the rankings then and the rankings now are different - life is not static Francis.

I’m glad Ike has gotten his due and hopefully Groves ends up being a keeper.
McDermott, as an assistant, Jackson's dad (Steve)as a player, were at UND early '90s. Couple of NCC titles, 5 d2 tournament berths, 2 regional titles.

Last edited:

Top Bottom